Just had my 4th jab!

It certainly does not get any easier does it? and I don’t have the letter referred to and my 3rd vaccine was recorded as a booster which the GP thinks is adequate for CML or at least that is what the GP surgery thought when I spoke to them a while ago I wouldn’t know what they think now as they closed like building sites between Xmas and New Year! They currently have 5 separate messages preceding the options on the telephone system, my son in law asked what the messages said I summarised them as “don’t bother us try someone else”.

2 Likes

Thanks Erica, will let you know how I get on. Hope you have a very happy new year.

1 Like

I like your summarising @Ismo and happy new year to you and @Margarett. Look after yourselves

2 Likes

It is our last day on Spain today. We have had a fantastic time and feel so much better in the sunshine. We have been out and about being as careful as we can. We caught the local bus to abeautiful village in the mountains, took a land train to the caves and had some super walks on the beach. Yesterday we had our covid test for flying home. It was done in our hotel by a medical person. Pleased to say we are both negative. The ironic thing is, I have just got a message from my friend who had invited us to her house for a near to celebrate my birthday before we booked our last minute holiday to Spain instead. She has tested positive for covid today despite having jabs. Chances are if I had stayed at home I would have caught it.
As I have said before I am not prepared to spend my life hiding away. Now I am officially an OAP time is running out.

3 Likes

Oh @ilivesunshine now that you are an OAP your life is just starting, trust me !!!

2 Likes

Well my 91 days since the 3rd primary was today so on the advise of 119 I found a walk in clinic at a pharmacy 35 minutes walk away so i decided to go and give it a try. They read my letter saying I was due 3 primary and a booster and waived me through. Only 4 people in front of me and the nurse was lovely. They were mainly using Moderna but she looked at my records and suggested I should stick to pfizer (they had both) in accordance with my 3rd dose. (previous 2 AZ). I had just a sore arm from the 3rd so easiest to go with a known one. Done in just a few minutes and sent on my way. Very surprised it went so smoothly but very glad.

3 Likes

I got mine by ringing my GP surgery. I didn’t have a letter

2 Likes

The nhs website says the walk in clinic will accept a box of prescribed medication with your name and date on it if you don’t have a letter. Otherwise it is relying on your GP, which some people have found unhelpful. I just didn’t want to wait this time and have that worry. My GP didn’t have a planned vaccine clinic.

2 Likes

Just a quick update. Went this morning to a local walk in centre with a letter from my GP stating that I am immunocompromised and require a 4th vaccine / 2nd booster as my third primary vaccine was booked as a booster. Not quite straight forward as they said their system had not been updated to let them book a second booster but there was a box they could tick against immunocompromised on the system and then allowed them to note 4th vaccine given. So all good now. All I need now is to be able to produce antibodies as after the first three vaccines I have no detectable antibodies probably caused by having Rituximab for two and a half years. Happy new year to all of you. Hope everyone stays safe and well.

4 Likes

I was lucky that for once my GP practice were on top of this and contacted me (probably because I made such a nuisance of myself last time!). I realise that not everyoen ois so lucky though. Hope you’re all able to get your 4th jabs. See you in the queue for the 10th jab later this year… lol …:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Franko many a true word spoken in jest !!!

Just checked on the NHS app this morning and by 4th vaccination has been updated and does show as a second booster.

3 Likes

I’ve just been to a walk in centre for my fourth dose. Had my letter talking about third vaccination. No problems, in and out. Phew!

6 Likes