Lymphocyte Count

Hi all. I was just wondering what other people’s lymphocyte count is at. I am just concerned I am being fobbed off by haematology and my GP around my increasing count.

1 Like

Hi @Pickle23 Personally and this is not a medical response I would not get too worried about individuals counts, this is because we are all unique beings with personal medical histories and family histories, Also I believe medical people take other things into account as well before deciding the way forward like age, ethnicity, progression and other test results etc…
You have the option of asking for a second opinion or even, at your cost, if that were possible, a private opinion.
Do let us know what you decide to do and how you get on.

1 Like

Hi Erica. Thanks for replying. I had to pay privately to get my diagnosis as the haematology department in my part of the country refused to see me unless my count was above 30,000. Maybe I will have to pay privately again, I just feel cast aside and left alone to deal with this.

1 Like

Hey @Pickle23 we are all here for you.

Hi @Pickle23 ,

Sorry to hear that you’re not feeling listened to by your GP and haematology team.

If they don’t think your increasing lymphocyte count is anything to worry about, it’s important that this is explained clearly to you so that you can understand the reasons why. It may be worth going back to them again with your concerns/questions and asking for some more information around this.

As Erica has mentioned, you do also have the right to ask for a second opinion, if you’re not happy with the advice you’ve received. Something else to consider would be getting some support from PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service), who can help resolve concerns and problems when accessing NHS services.

If it would help to talk this through with one of our Support Services Nurses in more detail, please don’t hesitate to contact the Support line on 0808 2080 888.

Kind regards,

Tom
Support Services Manager

2 Likes