Mantle cell lymphoma

Really hard to see. Bet you just wanted to give her a big cuddle! Keep us updated on how you are both doing. I hope you are taking care of yourself too? X

1 Like

Hi @Amz , it must be so hard to see your mum not looking well and from afar.
I think you are doing so well, it must be so tough for you.
Take lots of special care of yourself and recharge your batteries.

1 Like

Wishing you and your mom all the best @Amz . Those first days around diagnosis are incredibly difficult for the patient and those around them and your mom will be so grateful to have you supporting her. Keep us up to date on how things go.

1 Like

Thanks again guys :heart:
I hope you are all staying safe and well x

2 Likes

Hi guys.
So mums been admitted to hospital until after her 2nd round of chemo as she developed an infection a couple days after her 1st round of chemo! :cry:
My thoughts are with everyone at this tough time, Covid is not making this any easier!

2 Likes

@Amz, I am really sorry to hear that your mum has been admitted to hospital as she developed an infection a couple of days after her 1st round of chemo.
Your thoughts are so generously with others at these tough Covid times, what about you how are you doing and feeling?

2 Likes

Hi @Amz. This must be such a difficult time for you. Have you got people around to check in on you too? Have you been able to speak to your mum?

2 Likes

Make sure to spend some time on your own needs too. Your mom is very lucky to have you. I hope she improves and you all get some relief @Amz .

3 Likes

Thank you everyone :heart: She is starting to improve and they have got control of the infection now. So hoping all will be ok for her next chemo at the end of this month. But will still have to stay in hospital till then, but atleast she’s safe in there.
I’m doing ok thanks, trying to stay positive, as hard as it is.
X

2 Likes

Yeh I’ve been able to speak on the phone to her everyday and we’ve been texting. Thank goodness for smart phones lol!
Me and hubby are isolating as he tested positive for covid. So I have some time away from work, which is actually nice as it’s very stressful right now there. Luckily I have amazing friends and family on hand if we need anything :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

As much as moaned about technology before all of this, I don’t know how we all would’ve all got through without it! I hope your husband is doing ok? I’m glad that you have some time to just relax - obviously would be better in different circumstances but you can take care of you for a few days. Sending special wishes for your whole family and hoping things continue to move in the right direction x

2 Likes

Thanks so much @Nichola75
He’s feeling really poorly at the moment, but hoping this is the worst of it.
Yes hopefully she is through the worst of it now too.
Hope you are safe and well x

2 Likes

Hi @Amz . How are things in your household this week? x

1 Like

Hi Nichola
Not too great, I’ve now tested positive for covid too. Just feels like I’ve got the flu, but I think it’s feeling worse cause I’m stressing about mum too. She’s still in hospital, didn’t react well to chemo yesterday again :cry: so they had to stop it. Consultant seeing her today so I guess we will have to wait and see what he says :cry: x

1 Like

Oh, @Amz, you certainly are not having a great time.
As you have Covid perhaps you really have got to look after yourself and I have heard it can take a long while to feel really better and to get your energy back.
I realise your mum is having a really tough time too, please let us know what the consultant says.
Be kind to yourself and stay safe.

Hi @Amz , I wondered if you might catch it. Hope you continue to improve each day. Are you able to join the consultation with your mum?

1 Like

I’m having a phone convo tomorrow with her and the haematology Macmillan Clinical Nurse, as I’ve been told today she cannot have the drug, I think it’s called rituximab, as she’s reacting too badly to this. Apparently this drug is the best for mantle cell, so her not being able to have this is a massive blow to me :cry: Really struggling right now. I just want some good news, which doesn’t seem to ever happen.

1 Like

Oh @Amz, yes, you must be really struggling just now, especially when you are feeling so unwell yourself.
Perhaps you now have a few hours to prepare the questions you would like to ask tomorrow so you feel prepared.
I was going to contact you to say if you or your husband take a turn for the worse and feel you have a high temperature and problems breathing etc. make sure you ring 111.
It’s time for you to take as good care of yourself as you do of your mum.

1 Like

Yes - prepare your questions as Erica says. Ask everything you need to. Im sure the support line could help with this as well. I know sometimes, when I have a lot on my mind, it just goes blank! It’s such a difficult time and you have so much going on. Please take care of yourself. I’ll be thinking off you tomorrow X

2 Likes

Thanks guys, yes will deffo think of questions to write down. My mind is completely shot to pieces right now, just hope tomorrow’s call doesn’t make me feel worse :pleading_face:

2 Likes