Mental health concerns

Hi @Kirsteen. It seems like you got a lot sorted out which is great news. I can feel the relief in your post. Great news about heart and lungs and well done for getting a face to face appointment. Remember to start writing down all of your questions so you don’t forget anything at the appointment.
Sometimes all you need to know is that you are still on the list and haven’t been forgotten. Hopefully your appointment will come through soon.
I hope this has all eased your anxiety a little. Please keep posting and let us know how you are both doing X

1 Like

Oh @Kirsteen there were definitely some positives coming from your post and I also find a sense of relief if I have taken some actions, I sort of feel more in control.
It also sounds good news for your husband
I think you have cause to celebrate together, and really look after yourselves and keep posting.

1 Like

How are you doing @Kirsteen x

1 Like

Things are getting better thanks @Nichola75 .
My husband is having an X-ray and scan next week so I’m pleased that at least he has the appointments soon. However the next thing will be waiting for the results. I’m feeling a bit better in myself too. How have you been?

2 Likes

Yes @Kirsteen, you are so right that the waiting for results is the worst feeling and seems never ending.
I am glad that you are feeling a bit better in yourself, self care is so important for the carers too.
Please let us know how you are both getting on and spoil yourselves.

1 Like

Yep - we all know that the waiting is often the worst part. Try and plan some nice things in to look forward to. I’m glad you’re feeling a little better in yourself x
I’ve been on thanks. Work is very busy but only 4 and a bit weeks until the Easter holidays. Trying to venture out a bit more, albeit it in small steps x

1 Like

Well im.doing alot better. Blood test shows my platelets and levels are back to normal after going up slightly last month . My haemoglobin levels have returned to normal levels . So im really pleased. Still having a few issues with anxiety and going out but im.hoping they will decrease as time passes . Im getting counselling…and its a year since my anyeurism in March 2021.
Small steps…
Hope everything goes well for everyone

1 Like

Hi @Hmc63. I’m glad to hear that things are getting a little better. I think small steps are the way to go. I find it much easier to manage my day/week like this otherwise I put to much pressure on myself. The sunshine always works for me to. Hopefully the counselling will help with the anxiety. Please keep us updated X

1 Like

Hi @Hmc63 is it really a year since my aneurism in March 2021.
You have come so far in that time.
I am glad that your blood tests have improved, yes, you must be so relieved and pleased.
It is also positive that you are having counselling, that is a great big step to take, it really does take courage and hopefully it will help with your anxiety.
Small steps wins the race, celebrate them, be kind to yourself and please keep posting.

2 Likes

Been a while since i have posted and im still getting a long . Im.main carer for my elderly mum 88…she hss AF… and has list her.mobility . Ive had a stairlift fitted and many mobilitu aids …im still recovering but recently found i was very anaemic and have been put on iron tablets . My platelets are ok 450 ish and still being monitored by neuro .
Been a tough year for my mum but shes coped . Had little help from the dr and i gound being a carer very hard

1 Like

Oh @Hmc63 thanks for the update on you both, it sounds as if you have both had a very tough time.
I think that being a carer is the toughest job in the world and that you are an unsung hero. This is especially true when you have an ‘invisible’ condition. Who asks how the carer is doing?
Is there any way you can take a little time for yourself, I have realised in lockdown how important safe, social interaction is for me.
A walk helps me cope with the day.
Or even a soak in a hot bubbly bath.
Blood Cancer UK has some handy hints Blood cancer: mind and emotions | Blood Cancer UK
Be kind to yourselves and spoil yourselves sometimes.