Mgus blood results

Hi my names leanne im new to this but back last year i was diagnosed with Monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) , i recently had my bloods taken and ive not had them explained to me yet but has anyone ever had there blood results say in comment in dialiysis dependent renal failure . Can any one explain what this means or why its on my results

4 Likes

Hi @LEANNE and welcome to the forum.
It horrible when you look at blood results and read something like that isn’t it, especially if you don’t have the immediate opportunity to call and ask for them to be explained.
I can’t answer that question and think it’s one for your medical team. However, it may be worth you giving the support line a ring.
Blood cancer information and support by phone and email | Blood Cancer UK.
I have also copied in the @BloodCancerUK_Nurses who will have the medical knowledge.
I know it must be worrying for you. When will you get the opportunity to discuss the results? X

4 Likes

Hi Nichola75
Thank you for getting back to me it is scary as i dont have a clue what any of it means , i am hoping to speak with them on monday as i had the bloods done and no one has been in touch to explain them . Thank you so much for your help x

4 Likes

Hopefully you’ll get some answers on Monday. Take care of yourself until then. We all know too well how hard waiting is with everything running around your mind. Keep posting, we are all here for you.
Let us know how you get on X

1 Like

Hi @LEANNE , I am so glad you have found us, welcome.
@Nichola75 has given you a brilliant response.
I am glad you have a plan to speak to someone on Monday please do let us know how you get on.
I bet your thoughts and feelings are all over the place, I think that is very natural, be very kind to yourself over the weekend

2 Likes

Hi@LEANNE I have a diagnoses of Monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) and on 4 month blood tests .

It is good point that you make about the comment on your blood test result if you are unsure what it means .

To reassure you the same comment from the lab comes up on my FLC result explaining that if you were on renal dialysis it would affect your result nothing to worry about ,that is the way I see it .

Its good that @Nichola75 has posted your message to the Blood_Cancer Nurses for their explanation .

Hope that reassures you in the meantime.

It is a lot to take in all the different blood tests required so it will be good if you can speak ti someone .
Each person is affected differently and depending on other factors plus the name of your Monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS).

I like to know everything so I keep a fike with my results in and I have an Monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) diary from Www.myeloma.org.uk
There is lots of info on their website plus the Blood_Cancer one.

Good luck on your journey ,the more support that you can get the easier it will be .

4 Likes

Hi bannanacake
Thankyou so much for your comment it has reassured me a little i am hoping to talk to someone soon as i can see alot off the numbers on my blopd redults have changed since previous one . I will keep u all updated on what i find out as i am quite scared at minite not noing what any pff it mean . So thanks again x

5 Likes

Hi @LEANNE it is natural to be scared.
All I can say is personally some of my different blood test results have fluctuated over the years due to lots of factors.
Perhaps write down all you questions you want to ask beforehand so you make sure you cover everything.
Yes, please do update us and be very kind and look after yourself

3 Likes

Hi LEANNE I am glad that has reassured you a little :smiling_face: it is all scary till you get some explanation for the change in your results.

I am reassured that my Dr has written to the Haematologist and she has given a guideline when I need to be seen by her .

In the meantime my numbers are going up which is a worry everytime but I am clear on what they mean thanks to the www.myeloma.org.uk
Info and the Blood Cancer website.

I hope you have the support of your Dr to explain things .

I find the you tube mind and body meditations useful on the BC website and do them most days .It helps me to focus on something else if you can find a way too.

3 Likes

Good Morning @LEANNE,
I can imagine getting that note on your blood test results must have been very alarming. I agree with the other comments here that you must get those results reviewed today and hopefully get an explanation. Are you well in yourself?
Unfortunately we are unable to explain what it means as someone needs to look at the full results, but I am really hoping you can talk to someone today who can read over them and give you the answers.
Do let us know how you get on today and if at any stage want to talk through anything with one of the nursing team please call us on 0808 2080 888.
Best Wishes,
Heidi J (Support Services Nurse)

6 Likes

Hi Heidi , thank you for your comment I really do hope I get some answers today as all my bloods have come back abnormal and I have a few comments on there saying my kappa and lambda are both over the range, so yes it quite worrying . I do feel well inuself except alot more tired and keep getting headaches but I’m sure I’ll be OK. I really appreciate all the support I’ve had from all u lovely people . I will let everyone no once I hear anything.

Thanks again leanne x

5 Likes