New Research into possible cure for Follicular Lymphoma

Many thanks to all at Blood Cancer UK for awarding research funds to Dr Riches at Barts. I have been in remission for 5 years now and know that one day my cancer will return. It is so wonderful to hear about ongoing research and possible treatments which mat, hopefully, help follicular lymphoma patients like me.

7 Likes

Hi @Mags1yes, good news and Blood Cancer UK has today announced that they are funding 16 new research projects across the UK, worth over £4 million.
Yes, it’s very good news, thanks Blood Cancer UK.

2 Likes

Exactly how I feel @Mags1 and why I feel Research like Dr Riches is so important. I think people underestimate the impact of the mental challenge in dealing with the worry about blood cancer recurring. Here’s the Blood Cancer U.K. blog that’s just been issued today of my diagnosis story and why I think Dr Riches’ research is so important in potentially helping to remove that worry.

2 Likes

Hi Carole,
Well done, Carole. Your blog pretty much said how I feel about living with incurable blood cancer. I usually try to get on with my life and not think or talk about the recurrence of my lymphoma, but as you say it is always at the back of your mind and little things can bring it to the fore very quickly. Like you, Dr. Riches research gave me hope that maybe there might one day, in the not too distant future, be some medical breakthrough to help all of us.

2 Likes

Thank you @CaroleCW for bravely sharing your story. Warm wishes, Willow X

2 Likes