NHS supplying vitamin D

I will also check with my medical team first.
I hope I can have it as my logic is that it is replacing the Vit D that I did not get last summer as I was shielding.
What are others thoughts?

1 Like

Hey good morning everyone!
I hope you are all well and keeping safe??
I too signed up for the Vitamin D supplements after checking with my medical team first. The email was sent beginning of December requesting these. They advised these would be distributed mid January but have not heard or received anything since. As soon as I have received my order I will let you all know.

Stay safe!

3 Likes

I havenā€™t heard a thing eitherā˜¹ļø

1 Like

Iā€™ll get some from Boots whilst Iā€™m waiting

2 Likes

Oh @Blackhat perhaps give it a couple of weeks before making such a rash decision !!!
If anyone receives their supply please let us know.

1 Like

Yes thatā€™s what it said in the blurb - that it would be sent out some time mid-January so we should be receiving it quite soon hopefully.

2 Likes

Hardly a rash decision Erica, Ā£5.50 for 3 months supply. Well worth it.
Iā€™ve not much faith in the Department of Health full filling the promised delivery by the end of the month.

2 Likes

Oh, @Blackhat, you spendthrift, you !!!
Donā€™t you remember the saying ā€˜look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselvesā€™.
Iā€™m a penny pincher.
I will wait a little longer.

1 Like

In Scotland it was advised that all CEV took Vit D - indeed theyā€™re suggesting everyone else does too. We did not feel the need to check with the consultant on this occasion

2 Likes

On the government website regarding vitamin D it advises that we should all be taking vitamin D already and not just wait for free supply.
The free supply is just for the winter months.

2 Likes

In my opinion all of us with immune deficiency should be taking it all year round.
I certainly will, my chemotherapy makes my skin extra sensitive to strong sunlight!!
Iā€™m sure my GP will add it to my repeat prescriptions.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice @Blackhat, take care and stay safe.

1 Like

Good news for me for a change.
Covid vaccine appt 30/1, perfect timing too, thatā€™s just after pre chemo when my blood levels are at their optimum :+1:t2::cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Oh @Blackhat that is brilliant news, I am so pleased for you.
I await.
Itā€™s a strange old world when I get so excited about someone getting a jab.
Perfect timing for you too.
I await hearing about your outing and experience.
Take care and stay safe.

1 Like

Thanks Erica,
I must admit I was too. I was driving when I got the invite.
I was told to expect a text not a call.
Even on hands free phone calls I
find are distracting.
There has been a lot in the press about supply problems, I hope there arenā€™t when my date is due.
Iā€™ll keep you updated

1 Like

@blackhat glad to hear you have an appointment. I know Iā€™m in Wave 4 as my surgery confirmed it but not sure how weā€™re getting through the numbers in the categories ahead of me. Itā€™s all quite stressful and you hear so many different dates for when vulnerable will be given the vaccine. Never have had much patience!

@Erica my husband treated me to some Vit D for my birthday! Romance is not dead!!

4 Likes

Dear Lou,
Stress and anxiety are a default condition for the terminal cancer diagnosis was bad enough, the current pandemic is like a double death sentence!!

Erica, your husband is on the ball and thinking of your welfare, obviously a very loving and caring husband.
Lucky woman

1 Like

Hi @Blackhat, it was @Louā€™s husband that proved romance is not dead.
My husband and son both independently brought me the same choccies and biccies for my birthday, I then found out that both items were on offer at Sainsburys !!!
Buying the Vit D tablets would have used up all my housekeeping money (only joking).

1 Like

Hi @Blackhat, @Lou, @Nichola75, @GrandmaJo, @Franko, @sajdee, @Marilyn, @judesadventures, @BobK99, who is a lucky girl and received her Vit D supplement little white pills in the post today !!

1 Like

Ooh. Who do you know? You must have friends in high places :wink:

1 Like