NHS supplying vitamin D

Got mine too @Erica - lucky me!

1 Like

Hi everyone!!
I thankfully received my free Vit D’s last week. I was so pleased and could almost say quite excited I finally got them through the post!!! The smallest things atm eh?! There are 3 months worth so will take me up to Spring time. I have been taking them since October anyway as I bought my own while I waited for the free pack.

I am still patiently(?) waiting for my invite for the Covid vaccination and also my mid 80 year old parents who have not heard anything as yet. All very frustrating as they have carers in daily and feel worried they are exposed to various people. Hoping and praying we all receive it soon.
Keep well all and stay safe & well xxx

1 Like

Oh @sajdee I did laugh when I read how excited you had got at receiving you Vit D supplement, I was exactly the same, it just shows me how my emotions are all over the place and my lockdown life has got !!!
As I sat down here I actually did get my call to go for my vaccine on Friday, again I was hysterical with gratitude.
Please let us know how you all get on?

I have my vaccination date all booked in for Saturday! Is it wrong to feel so excited?And I hate needles, so wiill have to treat myself to something frivolous online afterwards!

1 Like

What are you going to treat yourself to? Any ideas?

1 Like

No @Nichola75, I think a lot of us have emotions that are all over the place and during Lockdown again any change in our usual routine is exciting. It also actually means going out somewhere and also getting a vaccine that perhaps gives us some hope for our futures.
How does everyone else feel?

Had my first vaccine yesterday. Service was brilliant just down the road from where I live. Just feel a few aches. But apart from that all good. On the road to some kind of normality sometime soon👍

2 Likes

That’s great news @cazz! Hope you are well?

1 Like

I had my first vaccine dose at 9.15 this morning.
Perfect timing too, just after my pre chemo blood test on Thursday.
Start my 80th monthly!! cycle of Azacitidine on Monday.
Still working after 6+ years.
“The devil looks after his own”??:clown_face:

2 Likes

Hi @Blackhat, I had my first Pfizer vaccine yesterday, it was supposed to be at 3.22 pm, but I got it at about 3.15 pm, I have not had any side effects. It was a well run system.
I am glad the timing worked so well for you.
Your 80th monthly cycle of Azacitidine, wow, are you going to mark the occasion in some way?
The devil wears Prada or at least a special hat.

Glad you got it.
I’m paranoid about being late for anything, 9.15 appointment and got there at 8.55.
I was done straight away in minutes, very impressive set up.
Stay safe🌹

2 Likes

I’ll save any celebration until my birthday in June and take my eldest daughter out for big lunch. That’s if anything is open yet.
She’s a nurse and had her first by then we should be both in the clear🤞

2 Likes

Great to hear so many people getting the vaccine now. I feel slightly guilty when I hear about countries that are not getting it and wonder what will become of them, especially as the UK seems to buying so many doses.

2 Likes

Finally received my supply of vitamin D👍

1 Like

Oh, @Blackhat, that is wonderful news and as you say you have also had your 1st vaccine.
My Vit D tablets were very small I have to say, but I really appreciated getting them.
How is your 80th cycle going?

1 Like

Thank you Erica,
Cycle going ok, last day today then 3 weeks to next one.
MDS makes me tired, the chemo adds to that, it takes me to the middle of the following week to get back to normal.
It doesn’t give me any problems except aching limbs, but I’m used to that after so long on chemo.:+1::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I got my vitamin pills one day and my Pfizer jab the next. Superb system and a lovely surprise when I was sent to desk one and on the way an old friend, a nurse for many years, spotted me and said “ No you don’t she is mine!” So desk one did not get me and I had a good catch up with my friend on desk three.
I had muscle aches and pains on day 2 and on day 3 I have woken up with a fat face with glands up. I am taking this as a good sign that my body is doing it’s best to work with the vaccine. Nothing a few lemsips will not sort. Wishing you all the best with your jabs.

2 Likes

Hi @GrandmaJo, vitamin pills and Pfizer vaccine sounds good to me.
How lovely to catch up with your old friend, I think we are all missing social interaction.
If you continue to have side effects or feel worse perhaps it is worth checking with your medical team or by phoning 111.
Has anyone else had side effects like this?

Nothing like a good catch up with a friend to make everything feel that little bit better !

1 Like

Really glad to hear about your positive experiences @GrandmaJo . Onwards and upwards to the second dose :slight_smile:

2 Likes