Night sweats. Lymphoma?

Night sweating 6 months. I’m worried that it’s something scary. Lymphoma or leukemia. Blood tests are all normal, I did a pet-CT scan, too, everything is normal. I passed tests for all infections, everything is clean. I read that this is an early symptom of cancer, maybe I just haven’t found it yet. There is also a disturbing pain in the shoulder. There is hyperplasia of supraclavicular lymph nodes without pathologies on ultrasound up to 8 * 4 mm. My night sweats are not strong, but they make me wake up

2 Likes

Dear @Anastasia
Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting so honestly.
May I ask whether your GP has been supporting you with your night sweat investigations? It is really encouraging to hear that your blood counts and PET scan was normal. Without pathologies implies that there is no disease implicated but I would discuss this with your GP or the healthcare professional that ordered the scan.
Has there been any other considerations as to why you are having the night sweats?
Do take a look at our Blood cancer symptoms and signs | Blood Cancer UK pages but as we mention, having a symptom does not necessarily mean you have a blood cancer.
If it is easier, do give us a call to talk things through: Blood cancer information and support by phone and email | Blood Cancer UK
Kind regards
Gemma

4 Likes

Hi @Anastasia a great big welcome to posting on our forum.
It must be an anxious time for you and that would be enough to wake me up, even without night sweats.
It sounds as if you have had a number of tests, who is in charge of your care and what’s the next stage?
The trouble I believe, I am not medical, is so many symptoms can be caused by a variety of conditions.
The main thing is to really look after yourself and be kind to yourself and please keep posting how you are doing.

1 Like

Hello @Anastasia it does sound like your have had some very extensive tests so I’m sure you are in good hands. Being worried about your health is always concerning. I do hope you get to the bottom of your worries soon.
You have mentioned your age so I don’t know if menopause or peri menopause sweating is something to be considered?
Take care

3 Likes

I am 21 years old. I was examined for everything possible, and I read that cancer can start cancer, some people have had night sweats for several years

1 Like

I’ve been to a hematologist, an endocrinologist, an oncologist, a therapist, they all don’t see pathology, but I can’t do that, I just want to get rid of sweat.

1 Like

Hello @Anastasia
You have seen all the right professionals from what you have posted which is reassuring. Do you feel confident with their evaluation?
Are you only sweating at night or is it throughout the day as well?
Here is some information regarding reducing your sweating: Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
As recommended in this information, going back to your GP or pharmacist may be helpful?
Kind regards
Gemma

1 Like

I am sweating only at night. I don’t know what should I do. May be it’s only beginning of my disease

I get night sweats. I thought it was peri menaupause. Its really difficult to be pinned down. I’m older than you, but menaupause can happen at a young age. I get migraine, losses of confidence, etc and other symptoms that could be menaupause. Then random blood test showed MGUS - not cancer; my interpretation of the info is its pre-cancerous and may never become cancer. There are so many possibilities for night sweats, even what you eat and drink. You could try keeping a diary of your activity, food and drink and see if there is a pattern.

1 Like

Hi @Zoom, thank you for sharing your experiences. May I ask how you’re doing since your diagnosis of MGUS? Please feel free to reach out to our Support Team should you ever wish to talk it over at all (0808 2080 888 or support@bloodcancer.org.uk). You may well have seen this already but we have a booklet about MGUS, as do Myeloma UK who also have an MGUS diary.

Take care and do reach out if you need our support at all.

Best wishes,
Tanya

3 Likes

Hi @Anastasia, may I ask how you’re doing now? Have you been able to go back to your GP as suggested in @GemmaBloodCancerUK’s post, to get some more support around your symptoms?

Do take care of yourself.

Best wishes,
Tanya.

3 Likes

@TanyaBloodCancerUK I have told those I work closely with, my husband and parents. After the initial shock, I am trying to keep it as the back of my mind. However each time I have a ache in a joint, an enlarged gland etc I ponder. I am struggling with tiredness more than normal, although not like pregnancy where I would have to take a nap. This tiredness is like an all over slowness and by the time I’ve got the kids to bed I am also ready to sleep. I do feel better when I get out in the sun and carry on as normal. Just slower and sleep more. I’m due blood test in May, so that may show if its all in my head or real.

2 Likes