Non-hodgkins lymphoma

Sadly, I look my beautiful mum 10 months ago. She had Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) which travelled to her brain. This forum was a brilliant support for me at the time and I was so grateful to everyone.
Now, here is my worry. I’ve had a hoarse voice for 5 weeks and a cough for longer. My GP has referred me for an urgent test to get a camera down my nose to look at my throat. I’m really stressed about this as my mums cancer was first discovered at the base of her tongue.
I’m so scared

1 Like

Dear @Smurf08,
Firstly I am so very sorry to hear about your Mum. I am really glad that you found the forum supportive and that you have reached out again now. It is no wonder that you have anxiety with your hoarse voice and cough. It seems like your GP is very much taking this seriously for you and I really hope you are reassured very soon. Please do call us if you need to talk things through: How to contact Blood Cancer UK | Blood Cancer UK
Kind regards
Gemma

2 Likes

Thank you Gemma. I’m trying not to freak out too much but it’s so hard when my mums cancer was found at the base of her tongue and I now have these symptoms

2 Likes

Hi @Smurf08, so sad about you losing your beautiful mum 10 mths ago.
I can really understand you feeling so stressed about your symptoms, you are probably feeling fearful and so many other thoughts and emotions.
I am realising on this forum, as I expect you are, that a lot of symptoms can mean so many diagnosis. It sounds as if your GP is referring you for tests to rule in or out what might be causing your systems and I am also realising that stress does not help, but is so natural.
You have now entered the waiting game for an appointment. My GP ’ fast tracked’ me for an appointment what seems ages ago, but probably isn’t.
All you can do is look after yourself, perhaps meditation techniques. There are some on the Blood Cancer UK website, with handy tips, that people have said are good, under ‘support for you’, then ‘mind and emotions’.
Be kind to yourself and please keep posting, waiting is the worst time.

1 Like

Thank you, I will definitely take on board some of your tips. I’m willing to try anything

2 Likes

Hi @Smurf08 I have been thinking about you, how are you doing?
Look after yourself