Plasmablastic lymphoma

Hi guys, anybody else with Plasmablastic lymphoma out there?

2 Likes

Hi @sclan and a great big welcome and I am so glad you have found us.
I have a different blood cancer, but what I do find is that what many of us do share is the same fears, thoughts, feelings and practicalities.
I look forward to finding out more about you, so please keep posting.
Take lots of care of yourself.

Hello there @sclan
Welcome to the forum and I do hope you find this a supportive platform.
It may be worth also contacting our colleagues at Lymphoma Action who have a buddy service Lymphoma Action | Buddy Service (lymphoma-action.org.uk) that can provide the following:
What the Buddy Service offers

• Buddies offer peer support and an opportunity to speak to someone who has been through a closely-matched experience to you, to share your experiences with.
  • We match you based on experiences (not geographically - Buddies come from all over the country).
  • It is a short-term arrangement. Although it can vary from one person to another depending on the situation, we usually suggest that you can contact your Buddy up to six times or over a period of three months.
  • You can contact your Buddy by email or phone, on a one-to-one basis.
  • All of our Buddies have been through a recruitment process, including giving references. They are also trained so you can feel confident that they’ll support you in the best way they can.
  • The service is for you if you are aged 18 or over, living in the UK and have either been diagnosed with lymphoma or know someone who has (for example, you are a family member or carer for someone with lymphoma).
  • We share only limited details about you with your potential Buddy - your name, your condition and what you’d like to talk about. And we’ll tell you a little about them too, and why we’ve matched you with them.
  • We do our best to find a suitable Buddy for you, however this isn’t always possible.
  • It can take a few weeks to find a suitable match for you.

I do hope this helps and if you do need further support please remember that the support services team are here: Blood cancer information and support by phone and email | Blood Cancer UK
Kind regards
Gemma

1 Like

Hi Gemma

Thanks for the message. Please do consider me for ‘buddying up’ I’m not too sure how many of us there are in the U.K but definitely keep me in mind. Let me know if you need to know more.

Cheers
Simon

2 Likes

Hi Erica

Thanks for your message. May I congratulate you on your successes with your illness and your work on here.
I’m 36, was diagnosed during the pandemic in 2020. 4 different chemotherapy regimes and 2 relapses so far. At the moment I’m actually doing pretty well :slightly_smiling_face:

Simon

1 Like

Hi @sclan

To get on the buddy scheme you will need to contact Lymphoma Action:
If you would like a buddy please call our helpline on (freephone) 0808 808 5555 between 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday. We will talk you through the service, and about your lymphoma so that we can understand what you are looking for, and look for the right buddy for you.

I do hope this helps and I am sure they could be a valuable resource too.
Kind regards
Gemma

1 Like