Prescription Exemption with CLL

Hi All. I was just wondering whether anyone knows if people suffering with Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) are entitled to free prescriptions if they are not on active treatment. I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere.

1 Like

Hi @Pickle23 great question I will copy your post to Blood Cancer UK @BloodCancerUK for you.
I presume that you are not exempt through age?
Look after yourself

1 Like

Hi @Erica, no not exempt on age at the moment. Only I know some cancers are covered just can’t find anything about Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL).

1 Like

Hi @Pickle23, thank you for raising this very important question- I’m sure you’re not the only one who will be wondering about this.

People with cancer should qualify for free prescriptions, so it may be worth speaking to your GP about this (they will be able to provide you with the medical exemption certificate application form).

In case it’s helpful at all, our just diagnosed webpage mentions this- “If you normally pay for prescriptions, you can apply to get prescription medicines for free.” Our webpages on money and work may be useful to have as a reference, too, and as it says here, “Prescriptions are free in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. In England, prescriptions are free if your health problem is related to cancer. Ask your GP for an exemption certificate form.”. There is more information on this, including the process, on the NHS website- Who can get free prescriptions - NHS (www.nhs.uk).

I hope this helps, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you’d like to talk this through at all (0808 2080 888 or support@bloodcancer.org.uk).

Best wishes,
Tanya.

5 Likes

Hi @Pickle23

I have asked my GP via their portal for form FP92A feb 26th and I received my exemption card on Monday
Here is a screen shot

You fill it in take it back to gp they sign it and send it off for you

1 Like