Reimburse travel costs

Hi I have a very rare leukaemia and visit Guys hospital in London travelling from Liverpool. I’ve always travelled by train and paid the fare but the cost has gone up a lot so wandered if anyone knew if it is possible to claim this back from someone? Thanks in advance

1 Like

Morning @Leggit. It’s a really good questions I have copied in @BloodCancerUK_Nurses who will know more about the financial support available or where to find out more :blush:

1 Like

Hello @Leggit
A great question to raise as I am sure there are probably other people in a similar situation to you.
We have some information for grants on our Money and Work page: Money&Work, please do have a look.
I do know that Leukaemia Care has a grant for Cost of Living, (this used to be a Travel Fund grant) that can be used to claim back travel costs. Here is the link: [LCfund/CoL] to apply (Cost of Living Fund - Leukaemia Care)
You could also try asking your CNS if the Hospital has a claims form for your travel expenses.
I hope you manage to get some help with these additional costs.
Best wishes, Heidi.

4 Likes

Hi @Leggit a really good question that could also help others
@Heidi_BloodCancerUK has given you a great response.
I have just looked this information up and I know nothing about it but I will copy you this link from The Macmillan cancer website Macmillan financial grants | Macmillan Cancer Support
Please do let us know how you get on and look after yourself

2 Likes

Thank you Nichola, I have emailed to enquire.

3 Likes

Thank you Erica, I have emailed them.

2 Likes

Please let us know how you get on :blush:

2 Likes