Travel insurance - CLL

Hi
Trying to get travel insurance. I have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) and just completed course of Obinutuzumab. I will continue on 6 months venetoclax.
Insurance question (Staysure) - are you currently receiving chemotherapy?
Do I say yes or no?
I have a meeting with my consultant in May but thought I would ask on here first. Thanks

3 Likes

Hi @Gary0 , I have been looking at travel insurance too, I also have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) and am on Venetoclax and Ibrutinib. I would definitely say yes to that question, even though Venetoclax isn’t technically chemotherapy it’s still cancer treatment, and probably comes under the chemotherapy unbrella as far as they’re concerned. If in doubt give them a call but personally I would say yes as wouldn’t want to invalidate the policy. Good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks Jaz2711. Will give them a call tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi @Gary0 I agree with @Jaz2711 completely and apparently there is a NHS site that has a list of travel insurance companies that will cover people with pre-existing conditions.
Also do ask Staysure about a discount as you are a Blood Cancer UK patient.
Please do let us know how you get on

2 Likes

Erica, can you please provide a link to the NHS website that you refer to? Ive had a search but not having any luck.
Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @ADM14 I am really sorry I did say ‘apparently’ and I have to admit I cannot find a link.
Many apologies again.

Hi. I recently got insured with AllClear insurance. 12 month European travel including cruises. I’m currently on venetoclax medication. Reasonable price snd excellent service.

2 Likes

Not a problem, Erica.
Thank you Gary, I’ll check them out.

2 Likes