Roche Anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibody test results (CLL patient)

I wanted to share that I took the plunge and paid for the Testing For All spike protein antibody test to see if I had created any antibodies to combat Covid. Sadly, the results confirmed my fears that I have not produced any antibodies from the vaccine. However, far from being upset, this confirmation has helped me feel less guilty about living my life extremely cautiously and I feel liberated to continue to shield. I had at the back of my mind that I may have been living in fear for no reason - although I knew that my Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) meant that I might struggle to make antibodies, I didn’t want to do all this for nothing if I did, by some miracle, have protection!
It has also been helpful for friends and family as they now no longer keep urging me to ‘get out and live my life’, but understand my predicament and are now much more supportive of my life in my own bubble. Of course, I, like so many of us, am holding out hope for the infusion project, but I don’t expect to be protected any time soon. So, I’ll continue to run my business with virtual services, go for solo walks in the Welsh mountains, create art in my shepherds hut studio and only see close family outside after they’ve got a negative test. Whilst my globetrotting days are over, I am happy in my safe cocoon and having the world come to me virtually - it is more environmentally friendly, at least!

3 Likes

Oh @SpaceAngel what a brilliant post you put it so well.
The only Covid antibody test I took months ago for research, but the test did tell me that I had no antibodies.
I have the same dilemmas and philosophies, but alas no Welsh mountains, artistic skills or your very super shepherds hut studio!! But I am a happy bunny in my little routine here, it is a glorious day and I am a very lucky girl. Thanks you and great to hear from you.

2 Likes

Thank you, Erica! We just do what we have to do and make the best of the situation. The saying ‘when life gives you lemons’ has never been more apt! Angela x

2 Likes

Oh @SpaceAngel lemons are so versatile and as for a lemon drizzle cake, yummy.
Look after yourself

1 Like

Now cake-making is something I must get back into!

1 Like

@SpaceAngel

Echo (as per) what @Erica has said… What an excellent post and thank you so much for sharing… I’m definitely one that’s shared your ethos of being cautious and being and maintaining a level of control over where I go and who with…

You’re post has tipped me to get this done over the next few weeks… And though these tests are arbitrary with different companies using different boundaries at least it gives you evidence and though not the best of news but puts you in a firmer position going forward.

I’m so sorry the results aren’t what you wanted but remember you are alone even when you’re not out with your pals, as there are always such amazing people on here to listen and offer support…

Keep posting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@SpaceAngel

Your surroundings sound amazing…

It’s on my bucket list to see mountains… I know it sounds odd… but apart from seeing an aerial view from an aeroplane I’d love to see them closer up

1 Like