Symptom watching

So still waiting on the hospital to see if I am coming back in sooner than 18th December, but do you find yourself with symptom creep watching?
As this is all still new and working out what is cancer and what is post car crash, but I have noticed symptoms starting again, like the morning shakes, shortness of breath, the spleen feeling uncomfortable, joint aches.
I also know I have been under a lot of stress recently, which has not helped.
So do I mark this down as becoming more “body aware” or “panic watch” in my journey with Polycythaemia vera (PV)?
Do you have an early warning triggers you have learnt to put in place?

1 Like

Oh @clickinhistory all I can say is perhaps you have a lot going on in your mind, it must be really whirring around which I find exhausting and very stressful.
I think all you can do is to write down all your fears, questions and practicalities.
As for what is attributed to what I think that is the million dollar question, we are such complex beings.
Please do chase whether you will get an appointment before 18 Dec, if you are not getting a response then perhaps contact PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) at your hospital. It is difficult as I expect their appointment slots are filled till then.
Yes, I am more body aware and that can be a plus or minus to my stress levels.
Please do keep posting and be very kind to yourself

2 Likes

Hi @clickinhistory.
I’m always in high alert when I get poorly or think I have a symptom I had before.
As @Erica said. write everything down. You know your body and if you think you need to contact your team then do. I’ve become an expert in being pushy, even though I hate it!)
Sending lots of love X

2 Likes

@Erica well today at least one massive weight has been removed, though think that will take time to stretch out from it.
Think it is also a hydration issue too, really bad at drinking enough water in the day :frowning: Away working in the West and North of Scotland, so will try again towards Friday.
Think you must be the forum eagle, soaring till you spot us prey posting lol

2 Likes

@Nichola75 guess only being into a couple of months, so learning the “moments” of the cancer.
Guess a note book is required :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, @clickinhistory I really have to watch my hydration too, but I am one for rinsing things through my insides, especially with urine infections !!!

2 Likes

@Erica bring back small beer and I might find it easier to do :wink: What is Small Beer? | History & Definition | Small Beer

1 Like

@clickinhistory thanks for the handy hint, I think I will stick to the H20!!!

2 Likes

Small beer was the Lucozade of it’s day lol and safer than water.

1 Like

Hi @clickinhistory thanks, but I am sticking to my water !!!
Look after yourself

1 Like