Thank you

Hi everyone. I just want to say thank you for being so supportive. I’ve got my bext venesection tomorrow and then i move over to the Blood Transfusion Service for my venesection thereafter. This one tomorrow is my 3rd week running and when i go to BTS next week going by the bloods that were taken last Tuesday, they will decide if i still go every week or fortnightly. My nurse who has sat with me the last two weeks said last week that this week she will see what bloods are. Hopefully they have started to go down. I think i will go and go back to drawing as i always enjoyed that when i was younger. At the moment pilates and yoga are a bit difficult as i have severe osteoarthritis in my right knee. Its great that we can all share how we feel and our concerns. Take care everyone and keep warm.

7 Likes

Oh @Meli what a brilliant idea to go back to drawing, I feel it is such a pity that I have let things slip that I enjoyed, in my case life just got in the way.
I have had the most brilliant Pilates teacher since 2012. Several of us have ‘health constraints’ in the class and she adapts exercises for us like floor exercises to wall or chair exercises.
I never knew I had a core before and it has also saved my back.
I have made good friends there too.
Please let us know how you get on with your venesection and drawing.
Look after yourself

2 Likes

Hi Erica. Thats great that you have a good Pilates teacher. I will let you know how i get on.

3 Likes

Hi @Meli I am just off to Pilates now, please do let us know how you getting on.
They are just talking about ‘Wall Pilates’ on the TV. Looks good to me although I am not sure about marking the walls???

2 Likes

Hello @Meli
Thank you for updating us on what has been happening with your bloods.
How wonderful you will be donating your blood for other to benefit. Do you mind me asking how you have been able to get this organised? Did your venesection nurse organise it for you, or have you sorted it yourself?
Once the process starts, please can you let us know how you’re getting on and if you would recommend others have venesections via the BTS (Blood Transfusion Service)?
Please do share your drawings with us too, we’d love to see them.

Wishing you well for your next venesection. Heidi.

2 Likes

Hi @Meli.
It sounds like you have a really good medical team around you who are keeping you informed.
I’m glad you are starting drawing again, especially if other hobbies are a little difficult at the moment. I imagine it’s something that’s really calming. For me it’s swimming and I know how much @Erica loves her walks and Pilates!
You take care and keep us updated x

2 Likes

Hi Heidi not had a chance to come on forum for little while. Blood Transfusion Service do venesections as well as people donating blood. Once my blood is removed it has to be thrown away. I cannot give blood ever again. I was told this by my consultant when i met her for first time on 20 October 2023. I am atill having venesections. I haven’t got to go nextvweek as hematocrit reading is at tatget that was at at 0.45, but im to go on 27 Decemver.

3 Likes

Glad you have got the week off @Meli as your readings are doing well.
Celebrate and look after yourself

2 Likes