Worried i may have blood cancer

I really feel for you @jmattox89 . It must be so stressful having to wait and imagining the worst. i know I waited a while to get a diagnosis and just felt relieved when they told me even though it was bad news. I hope it’s better news in your case. Try and keep busy with other things (I know easier said than done!) and get on with what you can in your life. Let us know how things go.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to learn about your other bleeding issue. It’s great that you’ve told a doctor about it and that they’ve checked you out. Hopefully, the entire picture will emerge in the next few days, and the headache and gastrointestinal problem are unrelated. There could be a variety of causes for these issues. But I understand your concern when a number of concerns appear to be grouped together like this.

Everything is crossed for a quick and cheerful resolution to your worries.

1 Like

Hi @lizaliza thanks so much for posting.
I am really looking forward to hearing more about you.
You are now part of our forum family.
If you would like to speak to someone the Blood Cancer UK support line is there for you.
Look after yourself and please keep posting.

Hi and welcome. How are you doing? :blush:

1 Like

How are things @jmattox89?

1 Like

Not great, my blood platelets are down to -25 from last February. My bones are achy now in my arm and various places around my body and still fatigued; I just feel worn out all the time. I have finally got an appointment to see my haematologist it took a year since I wrote I have been referred. My white count was 7.5. They kept me overnight in the hospital on the 2nd of March and two and a quarter weeks later I received my haematology appointment for the 19th of April.

1 Like

I am just worried about cancer, as i am at University studying History and working part time at the University too. Although the department know about my ongoing illness i went in the hospital with abdominal pains and that is when i was kept in overnight due to my abnormal platelet count

1 Like

Hi @jmattox89. I’m really glad you finally have an appointment, albeit quite a while after your initial concerns.
I can imagine you have lots of questions so make sure you have them all written down ready for your appointment on the 19th, and if you can, take somebody with you.
It’s only natural to be worried but hopefully you’ll get some answers soon.
Remember, the support line is there if you want to talk anything through before or after your appointment and we are only always a message away.
Please take good care of yourself and let us know how you are doing :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @jmatox89, how are you getting along? I’ve just read your posts and you have had a really tough time. Pls let us know how you get on at your appointment.
Helen

2 Likes