So worried I have blood cancer

Hi! I (female, 21) didn’t know where else to turn. I’m so anxious after finding one bruise a few days ago, I started to develop a burning sensation in my stomach with loss of appetite. Then as the days went on, I started to notice 3 more bruises on my legs (4 altogether) , all no less than the size of a 10 pence. They are fading slowly and are turning yellow.
I called doctors up and they’ve said to come in for an appointment today. Do you think it’s blood cancer?

3 Likes

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry that you are feeling this anxious. Waiting to find out what you prognosis is, can be really stressful. There could be so many other things it could be, an allergic reaction for example or a sting/bite maybe. I am sure your doctors will get to the cause of your problem and provide you with treatment you need. Try not to stress too much. What ever it is there are excellent treatments and positive outcomes. Good luck.

3 Likes

Hello@anxiousgirl,welcome to the forum as @MarkJ has said it could be lots of reasons for the bruising and its a usual reaction to jump to conclusions imagining all sorts of “horrors”.The positive thing is you have been told to go to see your Dr thats a plus that you will actually be seen. Its a good idea to write down everything thats bothering you so you can ask the Dr questions and to make a list of your symptoms ,bruising ,tummy symptoms, that will help to make a diagnosis.Im sure a blood test will be done and hopefully put your mind at rest or give an explanation.
There are some good exercising for relaxing your mind on the BCUK website and also the support
line.
I hope that you are feeling easier now you have made contact with the forum for support and I wish you all the best .
Bannanacake

1 Like

Dear @anxiousgirl, thank you for posting and I am so sorry to hear you are anxious about your symptoms. It is not clear that this is blood cancer but I am reassured that you have an appointment with the Doctors. Our signs and symptoms page may be useful for your discussions Blood cancer symptoms and signs | Blood Cancer UK and if you do need to call the Support Line we are here from 10am until 7pm tomorrow How to contact Blood Cancer UK | Blood Cancer UK. Do take care Gemma

3 Likes

Oh @anxiousgirl your name says it all, what a horrible time you are going through and thanks goodness you are seeing your GP tomorrow.
The bad news is you probably will not get a diagnosis tomorrow which will mean more waiting.
You might mean blood tests or other tests to narrow a diagnosis down, as others have said it might mean so many things.
Recently I got a bruise on my leg and then realised I had gone up a step ladder and leant on the rung above.
I also have these great big bruises on my arms as if someone had roughly grabbed hold of me by my arms and then realised it was one of my pilates exercises with a long rubber band causing them.
Do you have any support from family and friends?
You now have us on our forum and the Blood Cancer UK support line.
Perhaps try and chill out tonight and be kind to yourself.
Please let us know how you get on

It, blood cancer,can cause bruises in my case they where strange little black ones on my hands I think but I can’t really remember as I haven’t had them for a while.But it’s important to remember so can a lot of other less dangerous things cause bruises and that they are likely to be much more common than the various blood cancers.

1 Like

Hi, curious if you were able to find the cause of the bruising you were experiencing. Hope you’re well.

1 Like

Hi @JDS77 a great big welcome to our forum.
I see your question.
I believe that bruising can be a caused by all sorts of things and conditions, including .some blood cancers
I attach a link to the Blood Cancer UK website that might be useful.
Blood cancer symptoms and signs | Blood Cancer UK
Do you have a blood cancer diagnosis?
I look forward to hearing more about you.
Look after yourself