Symptoms driving me crazy

Hi I’m just looking for some advice I really don’t know who else to go to

July 23 I started to get lots of 50p size bruises all over my legs and arms sometimes about 20 at one time I’d get the odd hand size one back of my shin or side of my knee etc I went to the doctors in the October he sent for bloods all fine so that was that

Since jan 24 my gums have now been bleeding every day when I brush so I went to the dentist who confirmed they bleed very easily and they was going to treat as hun disease but they don’t feel it is , due to mouth condition not matching up to gum disease they suggested going to doctors for bloods so I did last month those bloods came back folate deficiency 1.4 so I’m taking the folic acid now but I’ve had other symptoms this last month tiredness my arms legs and hips neck feel like they are aching all the time especially in the morning & dizziness now also getting bruises on my arms wrists there only like the size of 20p but there’s at least 10 on my arms right now .

I’ve read through so much and my symptoms are so slight none of them are to much bother I just don’t know if anything was truly up with me especially blood cancer surly it would of showed up on one of the blood tests

I’m torn between am over reacting to what if I’m not and I’m sat doing nothing about it

Please any advice at all will be truly helpful Thankyou

2 Likes

Also forgot to mention since July 23 i lost 2 stone in weight but just this last few weeks suddenly put half a stone back on

2 Likes

Hi @Bluebell

Welcome to this very supportive forum and thanks for posting.

You must be concerned about all that is happening and your symptoms. The @BloodCancerUK-SupportTeam on here are amazing but I am wondering if they might say you need to go back to your GP, express your concerns again and ask for further tests. It can be hard sometimes to push for things but your health is the most important thing.

Do keep posting and let us know how you get on

2 Likes

Thankyou for your reply & advice

Think I’m going to have to go back to gp at some point I’ve started to take photos of the bruises so I’ve got something to show them I just feel so stupid knowing the blood tests are fine but then I think it’s your health if your worried you should go back

1 Like

Hi Bluebell. Iam sure if your condition was serious it would have been picked up in routine blood tests, unfortunately for me that was the case. Like you I had bruises that just kept appearing on my arms and legs and occasionally I felt extremely tired, otherwise I felt perfectly well. Bruising can be the result of other conditions like anemia and a vitamin deficiency so try not to worry, these should also show up in blood tests. Maybe keep pushing for more tests and answers if it would really help, whatever happens we are all here for you at any time. Sending hugs x

2 Likes

Hi @Bluebell
I can tell how worried you are. I think I would agree with @SarahMum.
Write down all of your concerns and questions and go back to your GP. It may be worth booking a double appointment so you don’t feel rushed.
Please keep us updated on how you get on :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @Bluebell I am so glad you have found us.
I can understand your concerns, the not knowing the reason must be horrible.
Everyone has given you great advice and the only thing I can add is if you are not happy after the next appointment you might wish to ask for a 2nd opinion.
Please do let us know how you can get on and really look after yourself

1 Like

Thankyou for reply Was your bruises big or small did they come and go or did you always seem to have them if you don’t mind me asking ofcourse xx Yea this is what I was thinking to as the recent bloods this March showed folate deficiency which i think can cause easy bruising/bleeding which would explain that but the bloods I had in October was all clear not deficiencies and I’ve been bruising since July 2023 . Thankyou so much for your reassurance and I’m so sorry you are going through this x

1 Like

Hi thankyou so much for your reply !

I think they said I have to go back in two more months for bloods to see if the folic acid have improved my folate levels so I may just write things down between now and then and if I get anything get worse quick I would go back before

Think with the symptoms being so vague and my blood clear except a folate deficiency I’m most likely got server anxiety about it but I just can’t seem to shake it off

1 Like

Hi @Bluebell. Sounds like your bruising is a deficiency and going to give your medication time to work and then repeat your bloods to check levels etc. Hopefully you will notice improvement in your bruising by then aswell, my bruises were always there with new ones appearing almost everyday. The ones on my legs were really big, much bigger than a 50p but not painful. My arms probably the size of a 10p.

2 Likes

Hi Bluebell

Sorry to hear you’re having these issues. I’m in a similar position and in limbo too. I know blood cancer is really rare but when you have symptoms it is frightening. How do you feel in yourself? If you feel you something isn’t right I would keep pushing - exhausting but hopefully you’ll get some answers. I’m 95% sure I haven’t got blood cancer but there’s still that 5% wondering and I want to know why I feel so tired so am pushing even though a majority of my blood tests are normal and I now have a referral to the haematologist (long story - you can see my journey on my ‘Swollen lymph node’ post).

Please keep us informed and good luck :blush:

2 Likes