Bucket List

My lymphoma has returned and I am in the middle of test after test after test. On my bucket list has always been a life long wish of a trip to the Maldives. On Monday evening my husband and I watched one of our regular holiday programs it was the Maldives . I must admit I sat with a quiet tear in my eye wondering if that dream would ever now be realised. It has always been the trip planned for my retirement lump sum.
My husband went shopping yesterday he came home and presented me with an envelope. In it is a trip for me to look forward to at the other side of my treatment next October , to yes you guessed it the Maldives…… I really do have the most amazing husband. He is 60 in March I had planned to buy him a very nice watch but he said he doesn’t want that and this trip is instead of that. Something for me to look forward too.
I can’t believe it I am filled with so many mixed emotions but mostly admiration for my husband who looks after me so well to have this amazing holiday to look forward too will be such a target and goal - lymphoma you better watch out the Maldives is awaiting for me ……

7 Likes

Oh @Jules, I’m really sorry to hear your lymphoma has returned. You must be so worried. I really hope these tests establish that X or Y treatment will be the thing to sort it. And I hope you don’t have too long to wait for the test results.

But what a fabulous husband! Your description of you tearfully watching the Maldives on tv, brought a tear to my eye, I have to admit. It’s things like that which really hit home that we are vulnerable, and when ill, that we don’t know what’s round the corner. And your husband realised exactly how you were feeling, and made your dream come true. What a wonderful, wonderful chap! And it’s true, isn’t it? Life is about experiences - a trip to the beautiful Maldives with someine you adore - not things, like a watch. And it’s about love. You have all the important things in abundance.

Please tell your brilliant husband that I think he deserves 5 gold Amazing Husband stars. That’s the lovliest thing I’ve heard for ages.

Enjoy every moment of antcipating your dream holiday. Lots of love X

4 Likes

That actually bought a tear to my eye as I read it!
What a wonderful husband and what a lovely thing for you to have to look forward to!
Just amazing! :heart:

4 Likes

Oh @Jules I am so, so sorry to hear that your lymphoma has returned and the never ending tests must be absolutely exhausting especially at a time when you are trying to process it all emotionally.
Wow, the Maldives sounds absolutely amazing and as for your husband he sounds absolutely amazing too.
I too have tears in my eyes.
The support line are lovely if you would like to talk to someone on 0808 2080 888.
Your forum family are always here for you.
Give yourself loads of time to try and come to terms with it all and be ever so kind to yourselves.

3 Likes

@Jules thats amazing and much deserved!

You’ll have a fantastic time and what a lovely thing to have to get you through the next 14 months

2 Likes

Isn’t he just :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes: the best

4 Likes

Hi @Jules, thank you for sharing and we’re so sorry to hear what you’re going through right now. As everyone else has shared already, it’s lovely to hear how your husband is there for you (I have to admit there are no dry eyes over here, either). Please do remember you are more than welcome to write to us or give us a call if you’d like to talk things through- we can also book you in to speak with one of our nurses if that would help at all. (support@bloodcancer.org.uk or 0808 2080 888).
Take good care of yourself and keep that beautiful beach photo in your mind.
Best wishes,
Tanya.

2 Likes

My bucket just became a vat ! My husband has added Singapore and Dubai to the trip ! In for a penny in for a pound and all that . He philosophy is if we are travelling to the other side of the world we might as well go everywhere we want at the same time:)

3 Likes

I like your husbands philosophy @Jules

2 Likes

I just showed my husband your post - hoping it gives him some inspiration :joy:

3 Likes