Can I go to gym after treatment

I am diagnosed with T-ALL and my chemo therapy is completed and and after chemotherapy tablet completed can I go to gym

2 Likes

Dear @syedsohailsa
Welcome to the forum and I am so pleased to hear that you have finished your treatment for T-ALL, may I ask how you are feeling?
It is great to hear that you would like to go to the gym and I would firstly say to check with your treatment team around when you can get to the gym, I say this because you have been in treatment a long time and your blood counts may not have totally recovered yet. When you team say it is safe for you to exercise, please do go at a steady pace and gradually build up your exercise tolerance.
We have some information and resources around Blood cancer and keeping active | Blood Cancer UK which are really useful and our colleagues at Macmillan have written some guidance too Physical activity and cancer | Macmillan Cancer Support.
I do hope this helps and if you would like to talk this through please do call us: Blood cancer information and support by phone and email | Blood Cancer UK
Kind regards
Gemma

4 Likes

Welcome to our forum @syedsohailsa a good question that @GemmaBloodCancerUK has answered so well.
Great to know that you have completed your chemo and are feeling up to going to the gym.
I am a great one for exercising in an appropriate way and an appropriate amount.
I am a great one for slow and steady, building it up and not overdoing it and taking several steps backwards as I have been known to do.
Please do let us know how you get on and I look forward to hearing more about you.

3 Likes

Hi @syedsohailsa - Gemma and Erica have given you great advice. I would say don’t put yourself under too much pressure or have too many expectations that you will be able to pick up where you left off. Take it slow and steady when you get the go ahead.
It is six years since my chemo and I was really fit ran daily and even completed a triathlon. I have only in the last month taken up running again! I have just run for the first time outdoors and completed a 10k . For me it has taken a lot of time to rebuild and recover.
Enjoy it when you do though:)

1 Like