Covid vaccines 100%

Currently I read 76% of population have had both jabs. I make that 9.6% per month and of course this month aint over, at that rate by the end of the year 100% of the country should be *2 jabbed.
How safe should cev group members feel at the end of the year if 100% of uk was *2 jabbed.
What advice can you give to cev group members if they are attending a dctrs appointment eg using a taxi to get there, waiting in waiting room and using surgery toilets. Recently a cev group member was told by their Doctor that there was worse people than then attending surgeries and that there wasn’t the resources for them them to have a home visit.

1 Like

@anon06 ideal maths there.
This is my personal experience but I have found all buses felt very safe for a masked up cev person. I have been impressed with my GP’s surgery’s one way system, spread out seating and hand sanitising requests and the same with my hospital which also took my temperature. All medical people have been masked up and the same with bus drivers.
My philosophy is to face the window on buses and wherever I am it is up to me to avoid people as I cannot control them.
No, I would not expect a home visit (unless medically thought appropriate) and more medical telephone appointments, unless I request a face to face appointment.
These are my personal thoughts and experiences though.
I hope you are alright and looking after yourself, take care.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply

1 Like

Just my opinion but 100% of the country won’t be vaccinated as I know of 2 or more family members who won’t take the vaccination plus the many more anti-vaxers across the country
Plus vaccinated can still catch and spread covid as each new variant arises. The vaccination just stops us being extremely ill.
Until the whole world is vaccinated there is still risk as people travel around.

I attend 3monthly app at our cancer unit and enter via the hospital entrance. Temp is taken and hand sanitiser dispensed plus you have to wear a facemask.
The cancer unit is stricter in that you have to change your facemask to a blue one
The dentist you have to wait outside until called where you have to sanitise your hands and then taken to the room you will be seen in.

If I had to attend the doctors I would ask for an early time or ask if I could sit somewhere away from everyone else as I did when I attended A&E and they found me a room to sit in on my own.

I will continue to avoid any places that I don’t need to be in for the foreseeable future

1 Like

Thanks @2DB yes, you are right and thanks for your experiences and handy hints, always useful.
Take care and stay safe.

1 Like

@Erica hope your keeping safe and well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, thanks @2DB, I am a lucky girl and keeping stable. x

1 Like

I think in a lot of ways I’ve going about my business as normally as possible for many months now and I no longer notice any more. Wearing my mask is now normal but I can see that the relaxation of the rules has led to many more people not wearing masks even when they are in a building or a mode of transport which says they should. I’ve stopped stressing about it now as I think it’s an irreversible trend and someone we’re all going to have to find our own comfort zone. For the most part I feel safe but very occasionally I get a twinge of anxiety.

2 Likes

I dont imagine we will reach anywhere near 100% coverage re vaccinations plus of course we do not know how long they last or and whether the proposed booster is more likely to work than the original vaccination did for those of us who produced few or no antibodies the first time round. The under 30s are not coming forward for vaccination with the enthusiasm that their elders did and I do not expect the take up between 16-18 to be greater, so I imagine our attitude to risk will be governed by our personal vulnerability and what we see in our local areas e.g.I avoid M & S no staff wearing masks & I wouldn’t travel on a local train as less than 50% mask wearing but local shop staff all wear masks & if I needed to I’d take a country bus lots of space and mask wearers. One of my colleagues a psychology lecturer believes the masks wearing issue has a tipping point ie when there are more not wearing than wearing it becomes more difficult to stand out and continue to wear a mask unless you are really nervous. Drs surgeries and hospitals seem pretty safe re masks but Dentist are trickier difficult to have root canal work wearing a mask but what if the dental nurse (and i might add a small but significant no of other medical staff ) have refused the vaccine?

1 Like