Does anyone else feel very alone with the changes that have happened with schools?

Hi @Nichola75, gosh this must be so scary. Look after yourselves.

1 Like

The rest off us have all tested negative so that’s good news X

3 Likes

That’s a huge relief and huge burden off you too I’m sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a relief @Nichola75 it must be so scary having a positive test in the family I hope and pray that you all stay well. @Rammie18 glad your chat went OK indeed be honest re well being and remember the students are lucky to have you and they usually know it, nothing like a bunch of year 9s or whatever age for sussing out which teachers are coasting along doing just enough to get by and which are really interested in their progress.

3 Likes

@Rammie18. Did I see you on the Blood Cancer UK live webinar yesterday?

1 Like

@Nichola75

You did indeed… proper nervous but was in proper awe of those speaking… spent most of it simply nodding along like the Churchill dog with the superb information and advice being given out

1 Like

You were amazing @Rammie18 and explained your thoughts and feelings so well as you do on the forum. It was so brave off you but absolutely fantastic. I remember how hard it was for you at the beginning of your journey and wow, now you are helping others. You should be very proud. It was lovely to put a face and a voice to your name! X

2 Likes

@Nichola75

This isn’t being polite or a cliche… I owe so so so much to where I am physically, mentally and emotionally right now to you and the amazing people on here. I know I’ve made tough decisions regarding my cancer and by not telling my family and going public maybe an act of regret, loniless, confusion and ill feelings, but since I found this forum, that has never been case… you and all here are so awesome and mean a lot to me. The least I can do is tell you how much better and positive I feel knowing I have this so if it’s a case of taking a bit of time and effort in paying it forward for others, some that are new, lost, scared and worried like I was… I’ll be joining you with open arms and a smile empathising the point… You are not alone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Rammie18. I think you know when it’s right to speak out. I did the same a few weeks ago. I hadn’t wanted to do it before but this time it had a purpose, which I think this did for you.
I think you completely show the value of the forum. When I first joined a huge feeling of loneliness and lack of understanding of both my own, and others feelings was just overwhelming. Without this forum I’d be in a much darker place!
Shared experiences with friends on here, and and the amazing information that the forum provides is a life line.
We are definitely not alone and that’s a real comfort. Helping each other is all we can do.
I hope you have a fantastic day following you TV debut! :wink: just amazing @Rammie18 X

3 Likes

Looks like vaccinations offered to 12-15 year olds will start next Friday at schools. Parents soon to be sent information

2 Likes

Shave they didn’t happen earlier for children off CEV :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Hi @Rammie18, I echo everything @Nichola75 says just look how far you have come in a very short time, now you are star of screen. Bask in your fame !!!

So, youngest daughter positive today on PCR. My husband and I are still negative which is a relief. At least they can keep each other company. They are so worried about passing it to me but it’s really nice to hear them sitting together and talking and laughing even though they feel poorly x

3 Likes

Oh @Nichola75. I am really sorry to hear this news. It must be such a worry for you all. Thinking of you all and sending my love. Willow X

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this Nichola, I hope your daughter isn’t feeling too poorly with it. Take good care of yourself.
Best Wishes Jo

2 Likes

Stay strong and err… Stay clear ??

Bless… It’s crazy how negative things (well in this case a kinda positive thing) gets us closer together…

Hope you and the family ride the wave over the next few days

2 Likes

They are so anxious and worried about giving it to me - think that upsets me more. However, I think they are enjoying being weighted on x

1 Like

Staying clear is the aim - like I said, the girls won’t leave the living room and their bedroom so :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: just the next ten days to get through :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

The hardest thing is not being able to give them a cuddle when they are feeling poorly :disappointed:

3 Likes

But those cuddles in 10 days time are going to feel better than any other :slight_smile:

You got this :relaxed:

1 Like