Happy New year Everyone

Just wanted to wish everyone on here all the very best for 2021!

4 Likes

And the same to you and all, @anon06.
Have you made any New Years resolutions?
My first one is to do less housework
I have reflected a lot this year and I want to spend my time and energy on what I want to do and with whom I want spend it, of course that is when I safely launch myself back into society.
Has anyone else made any New Years Resolutions?

1 Like

Happy New Year everyone. I only have 1 new year resolution this year - to make more memories. Since my son died 5 years ago, I find I just muddle through each day, but looking back, even in the past 5 years I have some lovely memories, so it is possible even in intense and prolonged grief. So this year, that will be my focus.

2 Likes

Yes, @Mandypandy, aren’t memories so wonderful and what a lovely New Years Resolution.
I expect even in your intense and prolonged grief that you have such special memories with your son, priceless.
What are others resolutions?

1 Like

Hi @Erica, @Mandypandy and @anon06. Happy new year to you all! Some good resolutions there. Like you all, making new
memories and doing more things that I enjoy is on my list. I think, even in these difficult times, I can also say that happy memories have been made. I watched the Disney film ‘Soul’ with my daughters a couple of days ago. It had a really powerful message just about enjoying living and the little things. It doesn’t always have to be about putting pressure on yourself to make a big change or doing something amazing. It’s about enjoying what’s around you and appreciating it all! So, that’s what I intend to do! X

2 Likes

You said that brilliantly @Nichola75. I will definitely seek out that film and have a watch. Doing less housework @Erica sounds like a really great resolution. I may have to do the opposite though!!!

2 Likes

I generally don’t make resolutions because I’m very bad at keeping them! I do usually make plans for the year though. Wind back 12 months and I’ve still got most of last year’s to do list left as events meant I couldn’t do them. Still not really in a position to do most of it but that little light at the end of the tunnel is just about visible and hopefully in the weeks to come will get larger. I hope that this year gives you all what you are looking for and most of all hope and happiness.

1 Like

Lots of travelling on the list Franko?

1 Like

To everyone I think being positive is so important more so now than ever to have as a resolution. Memories are real, and important to be treasured. I have some concerns about 2021 which I will express in another post but with a longer term positive objective.

1 Like

Hi @anon06, I think we all have concerns about 2021, for me it is all about the unknowns and things I have no control over.
We will support each other on this forum though.

2 Likes

Hi, it was me that put on the post about my resolution being about making more memories in 2021. But in the past 2 days, my priority seems to have changed somewhat to one of trying desperately to do everything I can to stop my husband catching this virus. I feel like if he catches the virus, then making memories will become unimportant. Its more about survival now. With the vulnerable group being told to shield again, it brings home the reality of how serious this all is. Don’t get me wrong, I have always understood how serious it is for everyone with a blood cancer if they were to catch this virus, but I suppose, because the gov seemed to be saying no one had to shield, I kidded myself that maybe I was just worrying too much. Now they are telling everyone who is vulnerable to stay indoors. This is a good thing because it allows everyone to stay as safe as they can without being forced to work. And within minutes of the announcement being made, my husbands manager phoned him to say he must stay at home and not come into work. Unfortunately, I am still having to go into work at present and would rather be at home shielding with John to help protect him, but I should find out on Friday if I can be furloughed, then we can shield together until John can have the vaccination.

I really hope you can all get the vaccination soon. I know there is always the risk that someone with blood cancer may not make the anti-bodies needed to fight off the virus, but its the best chance at the moment, and hopefully with most others eventually vaccinated, then it will be a safer world for you all to live in.

Thinking of you all xxxx

3 Likes

I think we need more discipline in this country to combat the senseless idiots who are spoiling things for everyone. The rules are fine, but there needs to be more rules to implement Covid laws. The fact that decisions have been made late is something that should be learnt from now, the messages from the scientists have always been clear
There is genuine hope with the vaccine and a promising future

I really feel your concern and I’m sure my husband would to. He had to return to work today and is so worried about bringing something home to me. It really causes my 2 daughters to worry as well. I’m trying to stay upbeat for everybody which is really hard. In reality, I’m just as worried as them that thry might give something to me. I really feel for you and your family. My husband is going to ask to work from home as well. Let me know how you get on on Friday. Sending lots of love x

2 Likes

Hi @Nichola75 and @Mandypandy, yes, very scary times, it is a continual worry as there is me shielding in our flat, so in essence safe as nobody comes in, but my weak point is my husband that does go out, albeit occasionally. And obviously he worries about his actions and precautions.
All we can do is be aware of our actions and take all reasonable precautions, but as a parent you do not want to cause your children worry.
Have others got these feelings and dilemmas?

1 Like