Inspiration - words that really help

I have long been an admirer of words and writing which has been magnified by the diagnosis. I have often found a little comfort in quotes written by others that resonate because it means there is someone else that thinks like me, that I feel an affinity with and this has become an outlet for me. I have also written some of my own to express my emotions.

Here is one that I really love because it sums up this forum … everyone here wanting to help each other

Anyone else got one the share?

inspiration%20quote

4 Likes

Wow, Anna that quote really does sum up our community forum.
I will get back to you with my inspiration.

Hi Anna, I have given your post a lot of thought and I was moved by the quote above and the use of words, but although I love reading I think I am more touched by the visual and the clever use of words like in ‘Yes, Minister’ etc. I am more emotional since diagnosis and as for films like the My sister’s keeper or the Karen Carpenter story they really get to me. However I think it is music that really resonates with me. I am touched by the singing of Eva Cassidy and songs like Eric Clapton 's Tears in Heaven and Freddy Mercury’s music after he was terminally diagnosed. Thanks for making me think and get to know myself better. Take care.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply… I am the same, much more emotional now and I know others I speak to are the same. I love the clever use of words and language, I always did but now even more so. As we’ve discussed before song lyrics are another of my loves… they often comfort or touch me and I know you’ve said the same. Since my diagnosis I’ve found myself looking to many places for comfort, answers, hope and reasons! Yes Freddie Mercury’s music is so poignant knowing what we know now.

1 Like

This one sums up what we think Erica??

IMG_4045

1 Like

This is another favourite… sometimes there is nothing anyone can say or do to make things better and that’s ok, they just need to be with you.

IMG_2236

1 Like

Oh, Anna, they are both perfect.
In the song by John Miles:
Music was my first love And it will be my last
Music of the future And music of the past
To live without my music Would be impossible to do
In this world of troubles My music pulls me through.

1 Like

Yes!! That is Spot on

1 Like

Loving these @AnnaMam , so positive and uplifting!

2 Likes

I am the same…my emotional being has been as affected as my physical. I’ve always loved words, quotes etc but since my illness I find them even more profound :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Yes Lisa… this is exactly the same for me… like you they mean more, on a deeper level than before

1 Like

Thanks… feel free to add any… perhaps one from the Bloodwise office?

1 Like

Hi Lisa and @AnnaMam, I agree with you both, I have just had a lovely sunny walk with my Walkman on, I was in my own little world, pure luxury and free.