My Ugly Covid symptoms

Hi Everyone , tested myself by chance , yesterday as I was feeling rotten to the bone , 1 almighty headache , temp 38.2— 39.4— then 40.1… defo positive response to COVID , nasty big bug , was planning on spending time with my 2 boys , so that’s on a hold , this covid its rotten , I feel like a tonne of buses hit me all at once , I can hardly speak , unsteady on my feet , temp feeling sorry for myself , anyone else felt like that ???

2 Likes

Hi @Jay, I’m so sorry to hear you’ve got covid and are feeling so poorly with it. It sounds as though you’re having a difficult time and I’m so sorry to hear you’re not able to spend time with your boys as planned because of it. I do hope you have some support around you? Please do let us know if we can do anything to support you. May I ask if you’ve been able to report your positive covid test and seek an assessment for the covid treatments? I thoought I’d share our website information around this process in case it’s useful at all - Antibody and antiviral treatments for people with blood cancer | Blood Cancer UK.

Please do let us know if you have any questions or need some support around this, and certainly don’t hesitate to reach out to your treatment team/111 for advice as well. I do hope you start to feel better soon.

Best wishes,
Tanya.

4 Likes

Hi@Jay,yes you’ve got it right being hit by a bus and it comes on so strongly. I feel for you ,if you are able can you rest in bed and drink lots of water to get your temp down. I didnt qualify for anti virals but as @TanyaBloodCancerUK sent the link can you get the treatment or ask someone to get it for you ?Its a horrible thing and we both had it about 2 weeks . Im sorry to hear your plans are cancelled there is nothing to do but just take it easy and keep an eye on your symptoms
Take care
Bannanacake

2 Likes

Oh @Jay I am so, so sorry to hear that you are feeling so rotten., you are definitely entitled to feel really sorry for yourself.
@TanyaBloodCancerUK has given you good advice.
@Bannanacake has shared their experiences of Covid of also felt it was like being hit by a bus, definitely a tonne of double deckers.
The worst part for you must be not seeing your wonderful boys.
Also please do what I hate doing and ask for help and also accept it.
Yes, this is a time for you to be ever so kind to yourself and when you feel up to it please let us know how you are doing.

1 Like

Hi @Jay. I’m sorry you feel so poorly. I did when I had it a few months ago.
The anti virals really helped me. Is it something you would consider and know how to access. Mine were delivered by courier.
I know you love spending time with your boys and must be really disappointed.
I hope you have all you need indoors. Please take good care of yourself and keep us updated on how you are doing.

2 Likes

Hi I am in my 3rd week of feeling rotten. Testing negative but still feeling exhausted but slowly improving
I had no problem getting anti virals but had to stop taking them after day 2 as I had horrendous diarrhoea
It is taking a while to get back to normal but I will get there
Stay positive and look after yourself x

2 Likes

Hi @Valmac. It sound like you had a rough couple of weeks. I’m so glad you are now on the road to recovery and getting back on your feet.
Take care and keep us updated on your progress :blush:

1 Like

How are you doing today @Jay? X

2 Likes

Oh @Valmac you are having a rotten time of it and as for the diarrhoea side effects, well.
It will take time but I like your resolve that you will get there.
Yes, stay positive and look after yourself

1 Like

@Jay and Valmac,

Sorry to read that you are both having a rotten time with Covid and wish you both a speedy recovery.

2 Likes

How are you doing @helenfwallace?

1 Like

Hi Nichola, I am doing good. Thanks for asking.

Helen

2 Likes

I had very similar symptoms to you and the neutralising monoclonal antibody drip did not resolve them. The headache was the most annoying and the hand and leg tremors were very troublesome. It was a joy when at three weeks they suddenly disappeared. I hope you are now largely recovered and just left with a rotten memory of a nasty illness.

2 Likes

Hi Jay I have been thinking of you and I just wondered how you are doing now?
Look after and be kind to yourself

1 Like

Hi Erica , this covid lark is horrible , I’ve been in hospital for a week now , hopefully getting home either tomorrow or Wednesday , now I understand why my consultant said do not get covid as it could floor you , hospital staff have been brilliant and Lyndsay she went the extra mile to help me , This is one bug I defo don’t want to get again , hope you are a well and safe my extended family xx

2 Likes

Oh, Jay you must be so rough and really fed up as you are still in hospital.
Lyndsay really is absolutely wonderful friend to you isn’t she and aren’t the hospital staff brilliant too.
It sounds as if it is going to be baby steps for you for quite a while and I know how frustrated you will be for this!!!
We are here for you and if you would like to talk to someone the Blood Cancer UK support line is also there for you.
You know the most annoying saying is ‘patience is a virtue’, be ever so kind to yourself.

1 Like

I’m so glad you will be home soon. It must have felt like a very very long week. I’m also glad that the staff have looked after you. Now, make sure when you get home you take it really easy! Have you managed to FaceTime the boys? Lots and lots of love X

1 Like

How are you doing @Valmac?

1 Like

Hi. Thankfully I am now just about back to my normal
Still left with a cough and rite really quickly but feeling stronger every day
Thanks for your concern and support x

1 Like

Really glad you are feeling better :blush:

1 Like