My Ugly Covid symptoms

Sorry to hear about your unhappy response to covid.
I have ET and take hydroxycarbamide routinely along with aspirin - while only experiencing very mild cold like symptoms I had a bout of horrid sciatica which came on very quickly a few days before I tested positive for covid ( only actually did a test because my husband had a nasty cough and tested positive )
I’m just curious to know if anyone else has experienced similar as had two other people tell me they had sciatica type symptoms at the same time as covid! Wondering if it could be yet another possible inflammatory response symptom. The sciatic pain was sudden and excruciatingly painful needing very strong pain killers.

1 Like

You raise an interesting question @Brenthebaker , I will copy your post to the Blood Cancer UK nurse advisors for you @BloodCancerUK_Nurses
I am so sorry your sciatic pains do sound excruciating be kind to yourself and look after yourself

1 Like

Hi @Brenthebaker. It’s good to hear from you. That sounds so so painful. How are you doing now?

1 Like

Hi Brenthebaker,

My sister experienced sciatica type symptoms with Covid, so you are not alone.

I hope you are feeling better now
Helen

2 Likes

Hello there @Brenthebaker,
Thanks for posting, I have not heard of sciatica type pain related to COVID infections. Sciatica is usually caused by inactivity, spinal issues or injury so not usually related to an inflammaotyor process: Sciatica - NHS. It sounds very painful for you and I do hope it has improved now?
I regards to your COVID, did you get assessed for the COVID treatments? Antibody and antiviral treatments for people with blood cancer | Blood Cancer UK. Hoping that you are recovery well from COVID too?
Take care
Gemma

3 Likes

Hi @Jay I have been thinking about you loads and wondered how you are doing now.
Be very kind to yourself

1 Like

Hi Erica , much better thank you , although will say the covid bug certainly knocked the stuffing out of me , 10 days in hospital , Dr had 1 thing to say to me , I thought I had told you to stay away and not catch covid , and here you are :rofl::rofl: , oh well , I guess it would’ve happened at some point , how’s you all doing South of the Boarder… Our weather has been great…

2 Likes

Glad you are starting to feel better @Jay and I bet you feel that Covid has knocked the stuffing out of you.
Yes, we have had good weather here south of the border too.
Perhaps it is going to take time to get your stuffing back, be ever so kind to yourself.

1 Like

So mows the time to really look after yourself whilst building up your energy. don’t overdo it! X

1 Like

Hi @Jay I have been thinking of you loads.
How are you feeling and doing now?
Be kind to yourself

1 Like

Many thanks for all replies @Erica @Nichola75 @GemmaBloodCancerUK
I did recover well from the sciatica and am back to normal , I am generally very well.
Interesting to hear from you too @ helenfwallace about your sister. I have since spoken to two other people who know of people having sciatica alongside covid .
Thank you all for responding to me . I do not routinely login here ( generally busy life ) and as such apologise for my late response .

3 Likes

Sorry for such a late reply. Thanks very much for your feedback about your sister.
I have heard of others having sciatica alongside covid and find it surprising that it’s not officially linked as a symptom.
Yes I’m fully recovered thanks . Hope you are well .
Regards Brenda

2 Likes