Positive Experience - Covid Antiviral Medication

Good afternoon all.
After testing positive for Covid I thought it would be useful to share my experience of receiving the antiviral medication. I must say, I was very impressed!
I felt poorly during the night: chills and fever, awful headache, a heavy feeling in my chest, aching and a cold. It came on pretty quickly. I was feeling ok all day Sunday.
I took a lateral flow at 7:30, registered it at nine, email confirming somebody would call me in 24 hours and then at 11am got the call.
The lady was lovey. Took symptoms, checked medication I was on and after a couple of checks said I was able to receive the antiviral medication either today, or to wait and see if symptoms got worse.
We talked it thorough and I decided that because I was already experiencing a lot of symptoms, it may be beneficial to take it now. She said that the medication would be delivered by courier today!
Needless to say the NHS really came through for me today. It eased a lot of anxiety. Hopefully I haven’t been to optimistic, and the medication arrives today.
Sometimes we need to hear a positive experience. I’ll keep you all updated. For now, it’s back to bed and then telling the girls later. Not a good start to my oldest daughters GCSE week but at least I have everything in place so that both of them feel reassured when I tell them X

10 Likes

Sorry to hear you tested positive Nichola but so pleased it’s been a smooth process for you - fingers crossed you get them soon and make a speedy recovery! Thanks so much for sharing such a reassuring post.

3 Likes

Hi@Nichola,I am sorry to hear that you have tested positive for covid and are feeling rough .Im sending good vibes to you that the medication arrives for you today and that all will be well for you and your family .

2 Likes

Oh @Nichola75 I am so sorry that you have tested Covid positive and are feeling so rough.
Despite feeling so rotten you seem to have to have seamlessly negotiated ‘the system’ and I hope the medication helps.
Now is your chance to really rest up and recuperate and replenish those batteries.
Yes, no time is ever good to get ‘the diagnosis’, but as you say I am sure it is about reassuring your girls. Be kind to yourselves and pamper yourself, you are worth it xxx

2 Likes

Thanks @Alice_BloodCancerUK X

2 Likes

Thanks @Erica. I’m definitely resting up!

2 Likes

Thank you. Should be here this evening. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Hello @Nichola75. I am so sorry to hear you have Covid but thank you for taking the time especially when you are poorly to share your experiences. I really hope you soon recover and the medication arrives promptly. No need to reply, just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and your family. Warm wishes. Willow X

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing @Nichola75. I am so glad it was a smooth process and wishing you better soon. Take care Gemma

3 Likes

Medication arrived! Here’s to getting better x

4 Likes

Hooray@Nichola75,that is good news and I wish you a good recovery,take it easy.

2 Likes

Get well soon, @Nichola75. I suppose it was going to happen at some point - but this week of all weeks! Sod’s law. Hope your daughter takes her GCSEs in her stride and does really well (my son is doing his too.) And not to panic if she does get covid - at least the exams are spaced over extra weeks to take covid absences into account. But everything crossed she doesn’t get it. I imagine that’s added an extra stress factor to the situation for you though. Hope your symptoms don’t last too long. Xx

3 Likes

Thanks @Fullofbeans. I hope your son is all ready to go. It’s been hard for them this year hasn’t it! TBH, the timing isn’t the greatest but we are both keeping our spirits up!

3 Likes

Whopeeeee @Nichola75, you have had a jam packed day and the system works, now is taking care of yourself time.

2 Likes

Wishing you well soon Nichola and so glad the system worked smoothly for you to get the meds quickly - all the best

4 Likes

Yes @Nichola75 - I feel sorry for this lot of exam takers. So much disruption, and yet so little extra leeway. Fingers crossed, eh?
And fingers crossed you make a quick and full recovery. Xx

2 Likes

Definitely everything crossed! :blush:

3 Likes

How are you feeling today @Nichola75 ? xx

2 Likes

Hi @Erica. Thanks for checking on me. Much the same as yesterday but no worse which is good. I seem to be a lot worse at night when the cough is worse and I feel really chesty. I also the get chills which I find really uncomfortable. That’s affecting my sleep but I’m hoping I’m so tired tonight that sleep will be better. A good nights sleep will really help! X

3 Likes

Hi @Nichola75 sweet dreams xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 Likes