Myeloma or polyclonal Gammopathy?

My cousin’s father was growing weak and we were concerned about his health. he has his liver damaged due to alcoholism, but is in strict restrain for last 2 months. One of my friend advised Serum Protein Electrophoresis and the report read “Partial M Spike seen”. Upon repeating the same test at another hospital, the report read " M band not seen, report suggestive of polyclonal gammopathy".

Can anyone help me out to conclude if the M spike is present or not looking into the Protein Electrophoresis report? Image of the graph is attached herewith.

We are all worried about the condition. please help us out.

1 Like

Hi @deepusandy a great big welcome to our forum and I am sorry I cannot help with your questions, we are not medically trained on here, but I am very sorry to hear about your cousin’s father. His medical situation sounds rather complex.
What I can empathise with are your, and your family’s feelings of worry, that not knowing is horrible and the waiting for tests and their results seems never ending…
We can support you on this forum and if you you would like to talk to someone (who is again not medically trained) you can contact the Support Services Team on 0808 2080 888 (Mondays: 10am-7pm, Tuesdays-Fridays: 10am-4pm, Saturday, Sundays and Bank Holidays: 10am-1pm) or via email at support@bloodcancer.org.uk
The important thing is that you all look after yourselves and if he has got a blood cancer we are here for you.

Hi @deepusandy, thank you for reaching out to Blood Cancer UK online community forum. We’re sorry to hear about your cousin’s father not being well. As Erica mentioned we unable to provide medical advice. We recommend your cousins father speaks to his treatment team to get personalised answered based on his medial and treatment history. It’s understandable that you would be worried and concerned about what your cousin’s father may be diagnosed with, we are always here for you and your family if you need to talk anything through. If we can be of any further support, our Support Services Team are always here: Blood cancer information and support by phone and email | Blood Cancer UK.

Best Wishes
Bav

1 Like