Question about CT scan results

Hi,

I received a 2 WW referral due to some symptoms I’ve been suffering with for a while. I had a CT scan on Sunday and they told me it’s looking at about 3-4 weeks to get results back.

I just wanted to ask, if they found anything on my scan would they let me know earlier or would it still be the 3-4 weeks like they have said?

Thank you in advance. Just feeling a little worried and alone.

1 Like

Hi @aloharj a great big welcome to you and you are no longer alone you are now part of our forum family, it takes courage to post…
Perhaps you are feeling a lot more than a little worried, my feelings and thoughts go into overdrive with all the waiting and not knowing, it seems never ending.
This is a non-medical reply, just my experiences.
I have found if I have been told that results will take 3-4 weeks then that is what I work towards, hoping for three, but cannot say anything before four weeks.
If they take longer than that then I am pleasantly assertive and chase them.
If they take less time than that then that is a bonus.
If you would like to talk to someone the Blood Cancer UK support line is there for you on 0808 2080 888.
Please keep posting and really look after yourself and be very kind to yourself.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the reply!

1 Like

Hi @aloharj,
A very warm welcome to our forum. I do hope you are doing okay today?

Erica has already given you brilliant advise and i simply wanted to reinforce that if you would like to talk anything through, our helpline is here for you 7 days a week- Blood cancer information and support by phone and email | Blood Cancer UK.

Although it is really reassuring that you are getting the right care & investigations, we do appreciate that the wait for test results can feel really long & worrying. Do try & be kind to yourself & If possible try to avoid the natural pull of google as searching for answers online when it comes to health can often lead to a negative space and may only add to your worry.

May i ask, have you been referred to a haematologist as of yet?

Take Care, Lauran

1 Like

Hi Lauran,

Thank you for replying. I’m the worst person for googling things and scaring myself so I’ve tried to stop doing this.

No, I haven’t been referred to a haematologist. I had a blood test at my GP a few weeks ago and he said everything looked normal. I was referred for a CT scan after going for a endoscopy due to some of the symptoms I’ve been having. They didn’t see anything sinister on the endoscopy which is good, but took some biopsies. Just a waiting game now to get all the results back.

1 Like

Hi Aloharj, for what it’s worth, in my experience with Scans and X Rays ect, if anything really serious shows up, they will notify you ASAP. This may differ with different Health Authorities. (but shouldn’t).

This should apply notwithstanding 'Backlog’s and all the usual excuses, real, and otherwise.

Hope this eases your concern somewhat.

All the best Ron

2 Likes

Hi @aloharj
I’m having another endoscopy next Friday so share your thoughts on waiting for results.Hope all is ok with yours.

2 Likes

That’s reassuring to hear. Thank you Ron!

2 Likes

Hope it all goes smoothly for you. I’ll make sure to post when I hear from them. Wishing you all the best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All the best with the Endoscopy, (One of my least favourite tests) but it is a good one to have, and hopefully they will get to the bottom of your current malaise.

All the best Ron

3 Likes

Hi @aloharj
In my experience I have had my consultant ring me when there has been something concerning otherwise I usually got results at clinic which at the time was 4weekly

2 Likes

I don’t really know, but I would have thought that if it showed anything nasty, they would alert you.

I recently had an MRI which found a small tumour, and I was told within three days.

All the best. Ron

1 Like

I had an MRI scan recently and I got a bad news result withing two working days.

I would think that if something bad was found that you would be notified immediately, depending on the level of ‘Badness’ :grinning:

Hope all goes well for you.

Regards Ron.

1 Like