Spring booster from NHS Scotland

Great news @judesadventures.
Take lots of special care of yourselves

1 Like

I was contacted and was able to book myself in for my 5th jab next week. I chose after Easter as I din’t want to suffer the after effects on my days off!

3 Likes

Hi I live in Ayrshire & received an E mail a few days ago giving me an appt for 5 th dose on 14 th May.Havnt received a letter but will attend & see what happens Fingers crossed.

4 Likes

I still have not heard about spring booster, i have cml and had a booster in january.
I tried calling helpline number and they said its 6 months since booster, so i would be july to get next booster. They said my health board should send a letter.

Im confused, can anyone clarify if its 3 months or 6 months in Scotland you have to wait from the last booster?

And what if i dont get a letter, as my health board seem to be very poor on this and have no local number to enquire on.

2 Likes

I have had 3 primary vaccines plus 2 boosters - the spring one in April. I have post ET myelofibrosis. If you were given a booster in January after having had 3 primary vaccines it indicates that you are considered high risk and should be due a spring booster after 3 months. Have you tried booking one online as opposed to phoning? Theres a box to tick if you’re immunocompromised and should let you book. Then go to your appointment with information from Blood Cancer’s website about our entitlement. I also took the letter I had inviting me to the January one as backup though their systems will show you had it.

2 Likes

Thanks for information.

Ill maybe wait another week and see if a letter arrives, then try what you advise.

2 Likes

I eventually received an appointment letter and just back from getting my spring booster. I got the mordena one this time.

1 Like

So glad you finally got it.

2 Likes

Spent last day in bed with fatigue, raised temp and no appetite.

Not as bad as 1st oxford dose was though as that lasted 5 days. Didnt have much issue with the Pfizer one.

But feel a lot better now, its worth the day of side effects for the protection it gives.

1 Like

Glad youre feeling better. I had Moderna as 3rd primary vaccine, half a day in bed, 1st booster more fatigue and aching but after 2nd booster I had the works and was very ill for 24 hours. Bit ironic in view of fuss I made getting it and was having a touch of the ‘never agains’ afterwards, but will roll up my sleeve again the autumn!

1 Like