The flue

Well im finally home,10 days in hospital two in ICU all down to the flue.This condition is full of surprises. Suppose i should be happy but if anything so angry at yet another setback.Should have been going back to work today instead more recovery. :frowning:

4 Likes

HI @JE1963 ,
I am so sorry to hear this, you must have been so poorly. May i ask how you are feeing now?
It’s great to hear that you are back home. However I appreciate you are likely still somewhat recovering and it is no wonder you are felling angry. It’s allowed and very normal when the journey can feel like constant road bumps.
Please aways remember that if you ever need to talk anything through, our support service team are very much here for you - 0808 2080 888.

Take Care, Lauran

2 Likes

Hi @JE1963 I am so glad that you are home at last.
Flu can be really nasty as you have found.
All emotions are really natural and there are no ‘shoulds’ on here.
This was not in your plan for going back to work today and I have found that there is no way of hurrying recovery.
Really look after yourself and be very kind to yourself.

1 Like

Hi Lauren, im feeling better daily.Its just that after a year of treatment and finally looking forward to some normality in my life this really hit me for 6.However 2 weeks then baxk work :crossed_fingers:

It has made me realise we cant ever really let our guards down though :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Hi @JE1963,
I’m so glad you’re feeling better each day- great news as It sounds like you have really had a worrying time of it.
I absolutely understand why you’ve bene hit hard with this set back. Life’s unpredictability seems to like like to show up and make us feel fully vulnerable again when we least expect it.

I hope you are feeling okay about returning to work and also hope that you have a good support network around you for that?

Take Care, Lauran

3 Likes

Yes the flu and common cold have been forgotten due to coronavirus but both can be quite potent.I think that a few thousand die due to flu and about 400 due to common cold annually.

3 Likes

Hi @JE1963 I just wondered how you are doing now?
Look after yourself

1 Like

Hi Erica, my energy levels are not great as i discovered this morning by walking a little further and then being worn out for the rest of the day.
Im hoping to be back at work a week on Monday but if this doesn’t improve it wont happen.
Thanks for asking. John

2 Likes