The Friday Forum Jukebox Club!

Really surprised no one got this one as BOGOF, ladies of a certain age, breath deeply, a very young Paul Young in the Streetband with…TOAST

3 Likes

Great choice of words. I have come up with the following: For COOKING Jambalaya by the Carpenters

and for LISTS The Girl with a 100 Lists by the Gogos

Enjoy
Helen

4 Likes

A bit behind:

LIST

COOKING

(Had to be Ella, to avoid the MCP vibes of ‘So you can cook while I stand looking’

2 Likes

Hi All, no words yet so I shall leap in.
Just watched the TV news and there was a big feature about Taylor Swift and her current concerts in London and I was amazed to see that so many young fans that had travelled from all over the world to see her.
So my words are
TAYLOR
SWIFT

1 Like

My thoughts are

TAYLOR - The Kinks - Dedicated follower of fashion - dedicated follower of fashion…the kinks (youtube.com)

SWIFT - Bonnie Tyler - Faster than the speed of light - Bonnie Tyler - Faster Than the Speed of Night (Official HD Video) (youtube.com)

What are your thoughts?

1 Like

Great words. I’ve gone with the singers as the words today

James Taylor’s You’ve Got a Friend

Taylor Swift ‘s Shake it Off (also played by the Changing of the Guard band at Buckingham Palace today)

Have a good weekend everyone

2 Likes

@Erica who? :wink:
Taylor, well it has to be Danny Kayne’s version of the Hans Christian Anderson tailor song :slight_smile:

As for Swift, well you have to be to win THE RACE by Yellow

2 Likes

Live the words @erica! My daughters are going August.
For swift I have ……

And for Taylor……

3 Likes

Picking up my father in law today to take him home to my mother in law, he’s been in respite care for 2 weeks . So my suggested words today are HOME and FAMILY

We Are Family by Sister Sledge

Welcome Home by Peters & Lee

Have a great weekend everyone

4 Likes

Oh Great words @CaroleCW and again very apt for your father in law, I hope all goes well…
My offerings are

HOME - Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward bound - Simon & Garfunkel - Homeward Bound (from The Concert in Central Park) (youtube.com)

Family - Elvis Presley - Don’t cry Daddy - Elvis Presley - Don’t cry daddy (youtube.com)

4 Likes

For home

Michael Buble - Home

For family

The Hollies - He ain’t heavy he’s my brother

4 Likes

@CaroleCW interesting words.
Family: Level 42 “Running in the family”, gotta love the slap base :slight_smile:

As for Home, it has to be Jon and Vangelis Xmas surprise hit “I’ll find my way home”

3 Likes

Love these words and the meaning behind the choice today. I hope your father in law gets home safely X
My words are for family ….

And home (never to early for a Christmas song :joy:) …

4 Likes

Yes he is back home safe and sound , thanks

3 Likes

That’s great news! X

2 Likes

Home- My Hometown- Bowling for Soup

Family- not in the title or lyrics but I first heard in 2001 on an album called welcome to the family
Break up Day- The Starting Line

5 Likes

Great words, @CaroleCW!

Home Again by Michael Kiwanuka: https://youtu.be/kJ4s3G7hgR4?si=zWUkPDpflbrl5s8r

Sister by Angel Olsen: https://youtu.be/-mIA1r2ZELU?si=b8Al-QHWXvjBfzTb

2 Likes

This is my first attempt at posting a link here, so fingers crossed that it will work!

For ‘family’, I would like to suggest ‘Famille’ by Jean-Jacques Goldman. There is a fantastic video of it on YouTube that mixes clips of him performing it from the 1980s to the 2020s and that’s what I hope the link takes you to.*

For non-French-speakers, the lyrics are about family in its broadest definition - not just our friends, who are the family that we choose for ourselves, but people with whom we have little in common, but feel solidarity with at a human level. It’s a song that has had a big effect on many people over the years and it’s on my Desert Island Discs list - and not just for taking me back to a younger, simpler time in my life (although that too!)!

• No, I just get an error message saying that I can’t post links. How does everyone else do it? If you want to find that particular video on YouTube, it’s the one that has ‘Clip 2020’ in its title.
4 Likes

Hi @JanetF let’s try this link

JEAN-JACQUES GOLDMAN - FAMILLE (CLIP 2020) (youtube.com)

1 Like

Hi, @Erica! That works! Thank you ever so much!

2 Likes