Today is Cancer survivor day 💕

Today is Cancer Survivor Day …

Someone who had cancer once said, “don’t be sad for me, we all come to this world to be tourists, enjoy life, go sightseeing, do good deeds, and I just so happen to be leaving earlier than others”

Had to share this today, As reading it hit me, generally tearing up at just a few words, but no one knows how long we have on this earth, anything can happen.

I know my time now unfortunately will be shorter than I thought even though I don’t know when my time is s CML all depends on response to every day treatment (Chemo Tablet)

so I am living my life the way I want, excited for future adventures , I’m living for me, and what makes me happy, not to please everyone else, just being Leanne, not Leanne with Cancer.

I do have CANCER, I struggle, I’m in pain, I cry, I breakdown, I lay awake wondering what I did wrong to have this, somedays I just don’t want to wake up or even get out of bed…

But through all that I have become brave, I’m strong, I’m determined, I’m stepping up, I’m living my life, I’m wiping away the tears, I’m bold, I’m helping others with Cancer, I’m fearless, I’m getting up and I’m FIGHTING, I’m not giving up!

and guess what … I’M KICKING CANCERS BUTT :kissing_heart::reminder_ribbon::raised_hands:

Cancer is only a chapter in my life, not my whole story :two_hearts:

Today is Cancer Survivor Day.

For someone who fought a battle against cancer and passed away

someone who is still struggling (My category​:muscle::reminder_ribbon:)

A brave survivor, I’m showing my support, respect and love. :reminder_ribbon: feel free to share to support Cancer survivor day :crossed_fingers:

#love #cancer #cancersurvivorday :heart:image

5 Likes

Hi Leanne thanks for posting that today is Cancer Survivor Day, some parts were poignant, some parts made me smile. Yes we are all survivors and fighters. It’s weird that before diagnosis I imagined how my life would pan out, now the difference is I feel I don’t know which is scary. Please do share your fears, thoughts and feelings with us.

2 Likes

More than welcome !
Aw thank you for the feedback!
Yes we sure are, I will do! And you too :kissing_heart:
Yeah it changes your life completely , but you just gotta do what you wanna do !
Last year we was gonna go disney and we couldn’t afford it, twice we tried then as soon as I was diagnosed we just booked it!
And we go next month for my birthday :cake: so I’m so excited , you just gotta live :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi Leanne I await knowing how you choose to celebrate your birthday.

1 Like

It will be In Disney land , with my partner and our two friends ! I am very excited :kissing_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh, Leanne, Disneyland with your partner and friends sounds a brilliant way of celebrating your birthday, enjoy, and please let us know all about it when you get home.

2 Likes

@LeanneCMLx are which Disney resort are you going to? The one in Paris or the one in the U.S.?

1 Like

@Erica I sure will do :slight_smile:

@JoshuaBloodwise yeah I’m going to the Paris one, we’re driving so we have a road trip too, I’m very excited :smiley:

2 Likes

Leanne, a road trip sounds wonderful.

2 Likes

Just a follow on from this! I went to Disney and my boyfriend (now fiancé) PROPOSED :ring:image

Was so wonderful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Oh, Leanne, I am so, so happy for you, what a setting and with your special ‘mouse’ ears on. Thanks so much for remembering to post this and with your lovely photos for your album. Oh, you have brought a tear to my eye.

2 Likes

Hello @LeanneCMLx,

I am so delighted to hear about your proposal especially at Disney. Thank you for keeping us updated and sharing such lovely pictures.

2 Likes

Congratulations @LeanneCMLx I love those photos, you look so surprised. Sounds like a perfect way to spend your birthday and show cancer who’s boss!

3 Likes

@Erica aw thank you so so much !
It made the best out of an awful year. Very perfect :kissing_heart:

@MrsGriff why thank you :heart_eyes: it was amazing ! Definitely showing Cancer who’s boss!

@JoshuaBloodwise I will do, thank you :smiley:

Thank you all for the kind words !

2 Likes