Vaccine: bumped up the queue!

Hi @Franko . I must admit, I worry about being missed as well. Keeping fingers crossed it’s soon. How’s things with you!

1 Like

I’m ok. Just bored of the monotony of every day. I hate living days just for the sake of it but that’s all there is at the moment. Hard to get motivated.

1 Like

Hi @Franko and @Nichola75, my GP surgery has on their website where their vaccination hub is and that they will telephone patients, but if they cannot get hold of them they will go on to the next person on the list.
I am also getting paranoid that I will be on the loo, or in the bath when they ring.
Yes, @Franko, the days, weeks and months do blur into one. I certainly will not forget 2020 though.
I am waiting to hear vaccination experiences of others.

1 Like

I never pick up from numbers I don’t know - better start!

1 Like

You need to clip that phone to your hip!

1 Like

Hi @Nichola75 and @Franko, yes, phone is attached to me. When I go out for my daily exercise I fear I might not hear it ring as my walkman is playing my music in my ears !!

1 Like

Vaccinations!
Our GP practice started giving vaccine 29th Dec.
They started the 70+ cohort yesterday after publishing a notice on Facebook asking people who are shielding & vulnerable to give surgery a call to book appointment.
I duly rang. Apparently I’m not on list. I don’t have a flag next to my name. I queried this & the answer was ‘ You’re a moderate risk patient!’
So I’m not getting mine until 6th cohort.
My husband will get his before me as he’s 66 & I’m 60.
He had heart attack in October & a scare in December that saw him ambulanced to A&E, & they have him listed as asthmatic, but he’s not considered a risk either!
So, looks like I should never have received that ‘ex-vulnerable’ letter on April?
Would have loved to get on & have it purely because I could then go to see my Mum in her care home & give her the biggest cuddle you can imagine. Not seen her since March 17th. So it’ll be over a year at this rate!
Both my parents have had 1st vaccinate.
Bring it on!
Christine

1 Like

@Corfu80, how frustrating for you, perhaps I would send them a copy of your April letter.
It must be so tough having not seen your mum since March, I have heard of others in the same position.
I am glad to hear that both your parents have had their 1st vaccinations.
We are all supporting each other on this forum an if you would like to talk to someone you can contact the wonderful Blood Cancer UK Support Services Team on 0808 2080 888 10am-7pm Monday-Friday and 10am to 1pm Saturday and Sunday or via email at support@bloodcancer.org.uk
The main thing is that we all take care and stay safe.

@Corfu80 Thank you for sharing this with us. Its really worrying isn’t it? I thought everyone who had blood cancer was in the Extremely Vulnerable Group. Does your cancer come in the list that the government released originally that stated who was considered extremely vulnerable? I think if it does, then maybe you could appeal this decision or get in touch with your medical team. My husband had an original letter saying he was in the Ex Vul group but nothing since although his workplace have told him to stay off work and shield in each of the lockdowns. He has non hodgkins follicular lymphoma but is in remission and hasn’t had treatment now for 2 years or so - which is great, but I hope that doesn’t mean he doesn’t get the vaccine soon. The government have no idea how stressful they are making this for everyone do they?

1 Like

Hi @Corfu80. SOme good advice given by @Erica and @Mandypandy . I would definitely follow this up further. Be a good idea to give the support line a ring for advice. Let us know how you get on x

1 Like

It seems like there must have been a mistake somewhere @Corfu80 . If you were originally asked to shield then you must have been flagged up as a risk. As others have suggested please do query this with your medical team and ask for some justification for pushing you down the list.

2 Likes

@Mandypandy @Nichola75 @Erica @Franko & everyone else,

I got a message to call my surgery today.
I’m booked in for my first vaccine on Friday. Yippee!
I said ‘Yippee, bring it on!’ to the receptionist who told me, she then said ‘Well, you are high risk!’
I didn’t even go there!
However, I will ask about my husband.

1 Like

Hi @Corfu80 I di laugh when I read your post. Being in lockdown I get elated at the least opportunity.
Please let us know how you get on and what they say about your husband,

Great! As @Erica said, keep us updated x

1 Like

Great news @Corfu80 ! Bizarrely I got a second invite to have the vaccine today. It seems that GP’s and hospitals each have their own list and don’t compare notes…

2 Likes

@Corfu80 What brilliant news! I’m so pleased for you. And that has given me hope that everyone with blood cancer will eventually get their vaccinations, as they well should. Enjoy your vaccination!!!

2 Likes

Vaccine next week! Received a text message @Erica so all that worry about being on the loo when it rang was for nothing!

1 Like

Hi Hi
I have just had my vaccine all went smoothly and efficiently, I just had to queue, socially distanced, for a while, I had the Pfizer jab, no after effects so far.

1 Like

Yes @Erica it all went smoothly and efficiently. I’m so impressed that they pulled this off at such short notice and seem to be hitting their target for mid February.

2 Likes

Hi there my name is Bob and I have chronic lymphocytic leukaemia which means I’m on the extremely vulnerable at risk list however according to my GP about 2 months after this govt started he took me off the list because he deemed and and his Wisdom but I was not a risk which caused me untold headaches for months until I got in touch with the people blood cancer advise me me that my doctor was very wrong I went back to my doctor with the information that the blood cancer people gave me and hey begrudgingly put me back on the list if it hadn’t been for this forum and blood cancer people I would not have head my vaccinations what I can finally say is blood cancer UK thank you so so much

3 Likes