What present(s) can I get my wonderful nurses?

Please can anyone help me, I have been having very frequent appointments with my 4 GP practice nurses and they have all been so professional, caring, absolutely lovely and going over and above.
I would like to give them either a combined present or one for each of them, any ideas of what is suitable in this day and age?

7 Likes

That’s a lovely idea!
I think candles or incense sticks are always lovely. I also got a box of brownies delivered to my workplace once and they loved that!

4 Likes

Hope you’re feeling better, @Erica.
I’m with @Nichola75 - candles and other smellies have been very popular since the pandemic, as they’re so soothing. Along those lines, you could also consider essential oils. And everyone - surely? - loves chocs.
I’m sure they’ll be so touched. It’s very sweet of you.

3 Likes

Boring though it sounds, with all the hand washing/hand sanitising nurses have to do especially nowadays, nice quality hand cream will always be appreciated.

6 Likes

That’s a good idea @SueD x

5 Likes

Hi @SueD @Fullofbeans @Nichola75 thanks some good ideas, keep them coming everyone

5 Likes

@Erica - how thoughtful of you to always think what you can do for others. Totally you! I’d echo candles or hand cream. There’s a couple of great websites too 1) herbs on the hill 2) not another bunch of flowers, 3) spiffy and 4) mecoco (this one employs/gives opportunities to people with complex disabilities so is worth a real look) Every good wish to you always

3 Likes

Hi @judesadventures thanks for your great ideas.
What a brilliant name ‘not another bunch of flowers’
Yes, stay safe and love.

3 Likes

Let us know what you decide on @Erica

2 Likes

Fancy hot chocolates
Wine
Hand cream is a great idea
Bath bombs
Face masks
Body shop/lush stuff

2 Likes

Yes, @Nichola75 loads of good ideas popping up here, thanks to all.
I will let you know, I have time on my side as I have appointments booked every other day up till 4 January so far !!!
Keep the ideas coming, please

2 Likes

Chocolate always goes down well or maybe a bottle of something?

2 Likes

Hi @Nichola75 @Fullofbeans @SueD @judesadventures @Rammie18 @Franko thanks so much for all your brilliant ideas, especially @judesadventures websites.
I have decided on some luxury intensive hand cream after seeing how many times the nurses are washing their hands and I noticed that there were tubs of choccies at both the GP’s and Hospital already.
I now know where to come for future handy hints !!!

2 Likes

I love a good hand cream and they are so needed right now! Great choice x

3 Likes

I agree with the ideas below @Erica. I always loved hand creams and lip balms. You can now get those individual face masks which would be great too. What ever you gift the nurses I know they will be so grateful you thought of them. Speak soon Gemma

2 Likes

We have several nurses in our practice and my husband and I rarely see the same one twice, so I would probably settle for a couple of more expensive boxes of variety chocolate biscuits that they can enjoy with their teas and coffee. I think expressing your thanks in written words is most important. I personally can’t use a lot of hand creams and most scented candles give me a headache so tend not to give them as gifts. I have always been under the impression that nhs staff were not allowed to accept personal gifts for some reason. Marylin

3 Likes

Thanks @Marylin You have raised some good thoughts there, much appreciated.

1 Like

What did you get in the end @Erica?

1 Like

Well I ordered this luxury hand cream and then found it was not in stock.
When I started my quest I thought my frequent visits to my GP nurses might be ended before the end of the year, alas still on twice weekly appointments till mid Feb.
This has given me longer to make a decision and I will keep my options open.
I will let you all know.

2 Likes

Hi @Nichola75 @Fullofbeans @SueD @judesadventures @Rammie18 @Franko @GemmaBloodCancerUK @Marylin
Hi All, I started this thread in Dec 21, well it is about mid June now and guess what I am still having my head redressed twice a week by my wonderful GP Nurses.
But a miracle ‘might’ have happened and the nurses feel that it is suddenly starting to heal.
If so they are mentioning the end of my dressing changes might be in site in a few weeks, all being well, so my dilemma has returned as to what to get my wonderful nurses.
I have got them each a posh bag and got them all sorts of goodies and labelled each goody with a post it.
Examples ‘have a break, have a kit kat’ ‘a brunch bar to fill the gap between breakfast and lunch’ ‘I love you so much that I would give you my last Rolo’ ’ a tea bag for that early morning cuppa’ ‘A pack of mixed nuts, ‘cose we’re all nutty’ ’ a spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down’ etc. etc. and I have put a thank you message on the outer bag and another post it saying ‘A First Aid kit just for YOU’.
I feel very pleased with my efforts and I think my hubby thinks that he is getting a very comprehensive Fathers Day present, shall I burst his bubble ???
Thank you all and look after yourselves

4 Likes