Yet another Covid Christmas!

Oh @helenfwallace @Jules you will certainly remember Christmas 2022 in years to come.
Really look after and be kind to yourselves

2 Likes

@Jules, thanks for you good wishes, and I sorry that you too have caught it.
Day 1, wasnt too bad, just scratchy throat and a horse voice and achy arthritic joints. Day 2 , I woke to drippy nose, a fever and some coughing. Feels like a cold .

Love Helen

3 Likes

A little updated there would appear to have been a little confusion with me. I think someone with a very similar name to me also has covid … how very strange. After lots of calls this morning and many apologetic messages and yes the delivery going to the wrong address despite all of this :face_with_peeking_eye: I have the meds … :mask::face_with_thermometer::sneezing_face: thank you to our brilliant NHS what other country provides this sort of service not many I’m sure .

3 Likes

Thanks @Fullofbeans.
Helen

2 Likes

Hi @Jules and @helenfwallace. I hope you are feeling better now. Covid affects everyone differently it seems. I hope the antivirals work for you Jules. I have been lucky so far and have managed to avoid getting it, even when my husband got it and was positive for ten days. Sending you both healing thoughts. Take care. Chris. X

2 Likes

@Chris1 thank you for your kind thoughts.
Love Helen

2 Likes

My husband ran away from the Covid to Germany (he has been working there). On arrival there he became aware that he was coughing more than usual and tested positive!

Helen

2 Likes

@helenfwallace my first husband ran away and joined the army and we were posted to Germany and his battalion all got German Measles. However I was 6mths pregnant, luckily I was alright, and so was my son, as I had never had German Measles or the Rubella vaccination, but I was oblivious to all this until I gave birth and the first thing the nurse did was to stab me with a needle with the Rubella vaccination. I could write a book about that time.

2 Likes

Oh Erica what a story ! You should write a book! I have a moral which is ‘ everything happens for a reason’ it seems to follow me through everything in life. I started last year using an app called readsy every chapter begins with one of my mad stories around everything happening for a reason:)
Happy New Year :partying_face: x

1 Like

My goodness @Erica what a story!
So glad that it had a happy ending. Thank you for sharing.
Helen

1 Like

Finally got a negative test- day 19!
Is that unusually long?
GP suggested that my immune system might not be working as well as it should.
Helen

3 Likes

Hi@helenfwallace,great you have a negative test.I was 14 days before I tested neg.Take it easy though.I was a while recovering my energy levels and was "bunged " for a few weeks .

2 Likes

Missed the "up"bunged up ,eustachian tubes,nose infection etc

2 Likes

Morning Helen my husband was around 14 days . Did you take any antiviral medication.
My husband was very jealous as I was positive after him and negative before him I put it down to the antivirals. Might be a question for @LauranBloodCancerUK @Alice_BloodCancerUK
Glad you are at least on the other side .

2 Likes

Hi @Bannanacake,
I definitely have some nose/ear congestion. Energy levels are recovering. Have a problem with esaperation of pre-existing chronic cough/asthma so GP increased my steroid inhalers and I see respiratory medicine in a weeks time.

Helen

3 Likes

Hi @Jules,
I didnt get antivirals. Glad you and your husband recovered.

Thanks for your suggestion, I might contact them, as I have a Haematology appointment next week.

Helen

Helen

3 Likes

Hi @helenfwallace please do let us know how how your haematology appointment goes next week.
Look after yourself

Hi @Erica
I did my bloods on Monday and had a talk with a registrar this morning. Afterwards my brain was thoroughly exhausted so I went back to bed!

The blood test results were fairly good.
The paraprotein was too low to quantify. There was no suppression of Gamma. IgG and igA levels were normal. However, the calcium levels were marginally raised. Hoping for a “blip” here or a mistake on the part of the registrar (eg reading the unadjusted Calcium in error-which, for me, is always slightly above range).

I asked about not testing negative until day 20. I was told that even low levels of paraproteins can disrupt the immune system, but there was no suppression on gamma on electrophoresis and that my igG and igG levels were ok. She also said it was encouraging that I had tested negative within three weeks without been hospitalised! In otherwords my immune system did its job in the end.

Helen

2 Likes

Oh @helenfwallace I bet you were exhausted and I do not blame you going back to bed.
I was interested in your Registrars response to you not testing negative until Day 20.
Take lots of care