3rd vaccine issues

I think we would all be better off with antibody jab .

1 Like

I had call from my local health centre last week booked for mine 2/10. No problem👍

1 Like

Thanks Nick. At least rituximab seems to have kicked my lymphoma into touch. I think a year after chemo seems like a sensible gap but it does all feel a bit like playing Russian roulette with our health. Has anyone else had a problem with Yellow Card? Having regularly updated Yellow Card with vaccine info I wasn’t able to register that I had no antibodies as my ‘account has been deactivated.’ No amount of attempts to reactivate it have been successful. Frustrating as this seemed like a good data collection tool that could help to guide vaccine efficacy.

1 Like

I am going for my third vaccine this morning at my local chemist. I got a message from NHS telling g me to book on line which I did. I rang the chemist 2 days ago to see which vaccine I would be having and they said they didn’t have any. It will be interesting to see what happens when I get there.

I have had no antibodies from the first 2 so hoping this one works.
As for the shielding I have all but given up on that. We went dancing last night and have rejoined the gym. Went out for a meal with friends this week and had a day out in York yesterday. Need to get back to some sort of normality. Covid isn’t going away.

I saw my hospital consultant this week and he said live your life so I am. When I told him we are going on a 40 night Carribean cruise in February be said go for it. If the shop sails I will be on it!

1 Like

Hi Ilivesunshine, (what a great username!).
Good luck with the vaccine. I really hope it goes well. Is it the booster dose or the 3rd primary jab? It would be very interesting to ask the staff the question, as there seems to be some confusion about this.
Do let us know how you get on.
Best wishes,
Nick

1 Like

Brilliant news @Blackhat, the 2/10 seems ages away, but it is only next week, how are you doing?

Hi @MountainGirl I am not familiar with Yellow Card, I take it that it is an APP?

@ilivesunshine please let us know how you get on at your local chemist today.
You certainly are getting about and enjoying yourself and that long awaited cruise is getting nearer and nearer. Yes, your user name says it all !!!

My Consultant, GP and local MP all deny knowledge of the government letter contained in the link on this website. Apparently it wasn’t sent out. My GP gave me a letter to get a third jab, but have been turned away at vaccination centres, because I apparently need a prescription!
I’m unable to go to work (work in a college with unvaccinated teenagers), have exhausted sick pay, and am also fed up with being told to shield. Also, being compared with very elderly parents of the MP’s secretary, who don’t really hve to go out and lead a full life, earn a living, look after children etc.
All professionals seem to be confusing the booster with third vaccine. Why spend loads of money treating us for a serious health condition when they are happy for us to catch Covid and potentially cop it!!!

3 Likes

Hi @MSullivan a great big welcome and you make such valid points. You really are in such a dilemma.
Also you have a job issues, vital financial issues, a family and being really fed up with shielding.
I wish I had a magic answer, but I don’t. There is so much confusion out there.
The Blood Cancer UK support line is there for you (details above) and we are all supporting each other on this forum.
All I would say is that I am seeing on here a few people getting THE call or text now.
Look after yourself

Dear Erica, having problems with peripheral vascular disease, can’t walk as far as I used to, been waiting for a call back from gp since last Wednesday .

I consulted vascular consultant privately seeing him again on 5/10.
It’s impossible to get face to face consultation with gp!!.
I’d rather pay to see an expert
Best wishes
Anthony

1 Like

Hi @Blackhat I am really sorry to hear that you are having problems with your peripheral vascular disease, it must be so frustrating not being able to walk as far as you used to.
I am afraid face to face GP appointments appear to be a thing of the past here too.
Please do let us know how your appointment with the private vascular consultant goes, it’s not long now, where is 2021 going?
Look after yourself.

Can someone please verify if the 3rd vaccine is a different dose than the booster or if the difference is just in the reporting/recording of the jab to ensure we get offered a booster at a later stage?

1 Like

Hi @AnnD don’t ask me !!!

I think pfizer is the same dose but mModerna is a lower dose as a booster than the one for 3rd jab. Blood cancer sent me a message on twitter to say don’t get Moderna unless it is the full dose.

1 Like

Yellow card is the government record of side effects to medication

1 Like

Thanks @Chrispy I like to learn something every day, but I forget even more things !!!

Having booster tomorrow hopefully they will get around to all of you real soon take care

1 Like

Hi Ronald please do let us know how you get on tomorrow.
Look after yourself.

Slight progress in my area the closed vaccine centre in the village hall is to reopen next week (bad luck for the badminton pilates and mother and toddler groups but good news for vaccinations) In this area vaccinations have been on hold since July when the PCN closed the centre owing they said to lack of take up 16-18-24 year olds have had to travel to the centre in a hospital in a neighbouring town. Bad news they think they are administering booster shots and no one seems to have heard of 3rd vaccine I have now reached the point when I don’t care what itis called so long as I get it sometime soon my neighbour enquired she is late 70s and was told probably before Christmas so as the CEVS were lumped in with theover 70s I guess that applies to me too.

2 Likes