But something inside me said
“You’re doing your best.”

My life is restricted
And I thought I was worthless
But something inside me said
“You have purpose.”

Willow X

28 Likes

Beautifully written Willow and expresses much that many of us will identify with - well done - Jill

5 Likes

Hi @Willow, thank you so much for taking the time to share this beautiful poem with us. It feels incredibly meaningful.
I’m sorry to hear you’ve been feeling weary today- we are here for you if you need any support at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out (0808 2080 888 or support@bloodcancer.org.uk).

Best wishes,
Tanya.

5 Likes

Lovely words Willow. It came at just the right time for me. Thank you x

4 Likes

Oh @Willow I have tears in my eyes and unlike you I am absolutely speechless, I sort of want to keep on reading your poem that I think expresses how so many of us have felt at times.
I am so sorry this is expressing how you feel today.
The Blood Cancer UK support line is there for you on 0808 2080 888 and all your forum family are here for you as you always are for us on our forum.
I was actually thinking of you this morning on my walk as there is a beautiful willow tree on the riverbank where I walk and suddenly it’s willowy greenery has burst out and is blowing the wind.
Be everso kind to yourself and please keep posting how you and your family are. Loads of virtual hugs for you to store in your pocket for when you need them xxxx

4 Likes

Just beautiful as always @Willow. I know things are tough at the moment. Sending a huge virtual hug. Hope it gets to you X

3 Likes

Thank you @Nichola75, @Erica, @KateS, @TanyaBloodCancerUK and @Jilly20 for your kind words and understanding. The hugs have reached me! Warm wishes, Willow X

3 Likes

I can only add hugs
Your words are so wise
X

4 Likes

Thank you @2DB for your kind words. Warm wishes, Willow X

2 Likes

This is a lovely poem.Thank you for sharing it with us :heart:.

3 Likes

How are you keeping @Happyme? :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you @Happyme and welcome to this forum. I trust you will find it helpful and supportive. We look forward to hearing more about you if or when you feel ready. Warm wishes, Willow X

3 Likes

Hi @Happyme welcome to our forum and isn’t @Willow poem moving and a lovely way for you to start posting.
I notice that you call yourself Happyme, is that how you really feel?
Look after yourself and please keep posting.

1 Like

Thank you @Willow for your lovely poem. I hope it has helped you to feel better getting your feelings down in writing. Better out than in, as they say. Know that we are all thinking of you. Take care of yourself and keep your chin up girl. Lots of good wishes and hugs from Chris.:hugs::heart::blush::rose::bouquet:

2 Likes

Willow lots of hugs and lots of love x

1 Like

Thank you @Chris1 and @karencreasey for your kind words. The poem is partly autobiographical but also written for some dear friends who are going through a tough time. Having written it I decided to share it here also in the hope it encourages others. Yes @Chris1, I have written hundreds of poems and I find it a really helpful way to process what is happening and my desire is always to write something that other people can relate to in some way. Thanks again. Warm wishes, Willow X

3 Likes

Thank you Willow, for a poem to cherish during difficult days.

2 Likes

Thank you @Hope3. Warm wishes, Willow X

2 Likes

Thank you willow your words are inspiring…
I hate to complain outside and only have one family member so this is so joyful to me …
When I feel ill I think it is in my head and am really ok but am not there yet but I will be …
The the angels of our NHS

2 Likes

Thank you @lesleerose for your kind words. I am glad you found the poem helpful. Warm wishes, Willow X

2 Likes