Covid vaccine number 6

Hi @KeithH my husband also had trouble sleeping the night after his Covid booster and had a mild headache the next day, but a nap in the afternoon did him a power of good. I hope that you feel better soon.
Look after yourself

Read the link to ‘Covid vaccine efficacy’ and was particularly interested in ’ How to access Covid treatments’. I have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) in remission for 2 years and recently had Covid and now suffering Covid hangover. I called 111 3 days after testing positive and was told it was too late for treatment and there was nothing they could do.

1 Like

Morning @Catcher
There is full guidance from @BloodCancerUK on the website.
On the website it explains what groups of
people with blood cancer might be eligible for a telephone assessment for covid treatments following a positive covid test:

• have any type of blood cancer (including chronic blood cancers, MPN and MDS) and have had cancer treatment within the last 12 months (aspirin is not a cancer treatment) - including people with CMLwho are in chronic phase molecular response, or on first or second line TKI treatment) (previously, these CML patients were excluded)
  • had a stem cell transplant in the last 12 months - either allogeneic (donor) or autologous (using your own stem cells))
  • have active graft vs host disease (Graft-versus-host-disease) regardless of how long ago the transplant was
  • had CAR-T therapy in the last 24 months
  • anyone else with CMML, myelofibrosis(CMML and myelofibrosis were previously excluded), MDS, myeloma (not including MGUS), or a chronic B-cell lymphoproliferative disorder (eg CLL, hairy cell leukaemia, follicular lymphoma , SLL, marginal zone lymphomas, MALT lymphoma, Waldenström macroglobulinaemia), regardless of treatment.

This guidance is fully explained in the web pages on Antibody and Antiviral treatments for people with Blood Cancer.

(Antibody and antiviral treatments for people with blood cancer | Blood Cancer UK)

If you would like any support with information you can call: Blood cancer information and support by phone and email.

(Blood cancer information and support by phone and email | Blood Cancer UK)

I was fortunate to avoid covid for over two years but when I did get it early in the year I was able to access the treatments and what a difference they made to my recovery.

Hope this helps
All the best
Jules

3 Likes

Hi @Jules

Thank you so much it appears ive missed one of the boosters in the summer i have to keep telling my surgery snd my problem has been if im not aware of them which i wasnt this time i cant get it done … as soon as im able to i will be on to them and get myself another booster. Thank you also for your kind words regatsing my covid illness

2 Likes