How has the past month been for you?

@MrsGriff ah that’s so very wonderful to hear about lovely Hugo! well done to him :grin: Hope he enjoyed the birthday parties?

@Pisces56 that all sounds very fun and eventful!! the craft sessions with your granddaughter especially sounded so fun, how did the birdboxes turn out? :smile:

1 Like

The birdboxes look like cuckoo clocks and are displayed on a shelf :blush:

1 Like

@Pisces56 ah that’s sounds lovely :relaxed: was this your first time making one? or have you been to such craft sessions before?

1 Like

We do quite a variety of activities when with the two older grandchildren. We have been to music workshops, swimming and museums.

1 Like

@Pisces56 that sounds so fun and varied :relaxed: do you find doing creative activities like these helps you?

1 Like

Happy March everyone! :star:

How was the last month for you all?

2 Likes

My February was fine and has sort of flown by fairly uneventfully. I now have an appointment date to see the skin cancer consultant about my suspected return of the skin cancer on my head, the worrying part is it has returned on top of my skin graft, I haven’t much head left there !! My Dexa scan results are still awaited, but my GP has chased. I returned my bowel cancer screening kit successfully. We were very lucky weather wise here, but I did get soggy quite a few times and then it is drying everything out. I went and studied the rise and fall in the Thames on a regular basis. I met priceless friends for coffee. I made a special dinner for Valentine’s Day and then a few days later my husband and I went out for lunch, I don’t do evenings. I made pancakes for Pancake Day and filled them with hot blackberries and we had ice cream with them, I can recommend them. I have continued going to my pilates and Zumba classes at the gym.

Good evening all,

Erica, it’s sounds like alongside your ongoing worries you managed to do some lovely things during February. Please keep us updated. I’ll be thinking of you!

I’m not sure where February went. Work has been manic. For me, it was very unlucky that we got the Ofsted call on the two days I was supposed to attend training with Lymphoma Action. To say I was disappointed was an understatement. It was my ‘thing’ for the year and was what was making me feel more positive.

However, on a positive Ofsted went well and I was glad I was there to support the team through it.

We went to Cambridge for a couple of days during half term which was cold but lovely. The girls love our mini breaks and they are the ones they talk about the most.

So, for me there was a mix of ups and downs and I now need to look for other opportunities to channel the lymphoma in a positive way.

X

1 Like

@Erica I hope you are doing okay? it sounds like it has been a mix of a lot of things going for you. I am so sorry to hear about your upcoming appointment, I can imagine this is likely to be a really concerning time for you. How are you feeling?
It’s so lovely to hear there have been ups too! the pancakes sound delicious, as does the valentines day dinner :grin: :+1:

1 Like

@Nichola75 I’m so sorry to hear that your training clashed with the ofsted call, this must have been so disappointing for you. As you say though, great to hear ofsted went well!
How was Cambridge?

1 Like

Cambridge was beautiful. Eating out, punting and just relaxing. Perfect! X

1 Like

@Nichola75 that sounds lovely! have you been before or was this your first time?

1 Like

First time! Going to take my mum next time!

1 Like

@Nichola75 great idea :grin: :+1: do you often go on trips across the UK?

1 Like

Started a couple of years ago. We really enjoy it!

1 Like

ah @Nichola75 that’s great! there are so many lovely places across the UK to visit :blush: do you have a favourite?

1 Like

We all love Norfolk!

1 Like

Hi @DawnBloodCancerUK, Funny, I was just writing about this in another post. February was a nightmare, but as you can read here, hopefully there a signs that March will be far better

1 Like

Do you know @SuBloodcancerUK and @Nichola75 I find it so difficult to answer your question, Su. I actually love our stunning coast line, but then I think of the pretty towns and wonderful national parks and lakes, also some cities. What a dilemma, my answer is often the last place I visited.

I think you’re right Erica - I love every new place I go to because it’s a new experience! That’s a great answer!

1 Like