Just a quick hello, and some self-pity :)

Dear @LH3

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum and I totally understand how you feel at the moment. Everyone has their own ways of how they work through grief and I can only share what I have found helped me and my family when we lost family members. Feeling sad is perfectly normal and be open about how you’re feeling is fine and I have always felt it better not to bottle things up. We found talking about the people we had lost, particularly remembering good times. It is great you had that time together the Wednesday before your mum went into hospital and you should remember and talk with your family about those times. The other thing is you shouldn’t feel guilty about not being with your mum at the end. Mum’s always focus on looking after others and I’m sure your mum would have been fine that you were home taking care of your own family.

Just remember, as my friends on the Forum have already said, we are here to support you and feel free to post at any time. This is a safe and supportive environment to do that. As Nichola also said the help line is also available and the teams there are always happy to help.

Take care.

All the best, Peter

5 Likes

Hi @LH3, you ask where can I turn, firstly for 24/7 support there is always the Samaritans on 116 123 and Cruse Bereavement Care at https://www.cruse.org.uk/get-help/helpline or local bereavement services in your local area, but we are here from you as you can tell. Take care.

2 Likes

You been in my thoughts today @LH3. Take care

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the support and kind wishes :revolving_hearts:
Tonight it is just me and my dad x
The house feels so quiet and still :broken_heart::heart::broken_heart:

4 Likes

Peter thank you so much for the support very much appreciated xxx

3 Likes

@LH3

Deepest and sincerest condolences to you and family and friends. Thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this tough and difficult times. X

3 Likes

I’m so sorry. Been there with dad… please don’t feel guilty. You did so much and were there for her at every step. :innocent:

4 Likes

Our thoughts are all with you @LH3. It must be a very difficult time for you all but it’s good to see how you all were there for each other. We’re all here to support you too.

3 Likes

@LH3 I am truly sorry to hear of your loss, I can only imagine how tough things must be for you and your dad right now. Do you have much support around you?
Please do give us a call on our support line if you want to talk things through, and the same goes for your dad of course.
Just in case it’s helpful, Marie Curie have some supportive information around coping emotionally and practically after a loved one dies, which you can read through here - https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/help/support/bereaved-family-friends
We are thinking of you, take care, Alice

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the support and kind wishes :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

For the funeral we have asked for donations to Blood Cancer and if any good is coming out of this heart ache its the fact we are raising awareness and money for a such an important cause :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Hi Clovy.
Thank you for your support.
Its so hard because no matter what any one says xIt doesn’t take away that guilt I wasnt there at the very end. I hope you are ok and the pain is lessened with time that is what i hope for xxxxx

1 Like

Oh, @LH3, thank you so much, it is really thoughtful of you to think of donations to Blood Cancer UK when you have so much going on. I hope the funeral goes as well as a funeral can do and we will be thinking of you especially at these Covid times.

1 Like

That’s such a lively thing to do!

1 Like

@LH3

Hi…

With a few days since… how are you? How doing?

1 Like

Thank you :heart:
It was Mums funeral yesterday (Thursday)
Today I feel numb. Probably with all the emotion. I have another two off work to support and help Dad which I am so grateful.

1 Like

Hi @LH3. You must be emotionally drained. I’m sure you have been such a support to your dad and it’s so nice that you can be there for him. I hope you are taking care of yourself and that someone is checking in on you X

1 Like

Thank you Nichola.
I have some donations that were made at mums funeral and was wondering if you could help me as to where I can send it. We also had £215 donated from the link from Mums online link to Blood Cancer Uk.
Mum would be so happy xxx

1 Like

Hi @LH3, that’s so amazing! I smiled when you said how happy she would be. She must have been very proud of you. This is the link to the donation page however, that’s for card payments. Did you actually want to send it in? I hope that helps. Please let us know how you are getting on. You know we are all here you you X

2 Likes

This is the link that talks about the different ways to donate https://bloodcancer.org.uk/get-involved/fundraise-your-way/how-pay-your-money/

2 Likes