Lump on neck and symptoms

Will do re results and work. I stay in Edinburgh so go along the coast to Dunbar and North Berwick. Also small small places with my sis and friends.
Joe

2 Likes

No apologies needed - we all feel that way at times and I completely understand if you donā€™t feel in the right frame of mind to respond.
Iā€™m really glad you are keeping yourself busy and are spending time with family and friends. Itā€™s important to be around people as waiting for results can be pretty stressful.
Sending extra special wishes and will be thinking of you on Tuesday :blush:

1 Like

Many thanks Nichola.
Joe

2 Likes

I do hope that they are able to put your mind at rest @Joe208 and you were absolutely right to raise it with them. I had a lump on the side of my neck but ended up feeling guilty for raising it with a GP as they said it was nothing but a cyst but i didnā€™t have some of the other symptoms that youā€™ve got. I think once youā€™ve had one shock diagnosis you start to get a bit worried about every little thing and sometimes it turns out to be ok. Hope it is in your case. Great that you got the further tests.

1 Like

Hi Nichola.
A GP called me back, a different one who Iā€™ve spoken to before and she is really nice and caring.
She started asking about my mental health. I explained to her that Iā€™m up and down.
To continue with anti depressants.
She then spoke about my blood results. She said it was still low but was higher than the previous results. To get another test done at the beginning of September.
Im off till the 16th now as this was my 2 weeks annual leave.
Again trying to keep busy during the day and relax night.
Got my birthday coming at the weekend and going to meet friends at theirsā€¦another pleasant distraction.
Will see how work goes when I go back.
Again appreciate your support.
Joe

1 Like

Hi Erica.
Just sent a message to Nichola.
Blood results where still low but higher than last time. To get another test at the beginning of September.
To stay on the anti depressants.
Not due back to work till tbe 16th which im pleased about. Time to try and relax. Got my birthday coming g up this weekend. Meeting friends at theirs. Will.look forward to that.
Again huge thanks for your contact and support.
Joe

2 Likes

Hi Franko.
Thanks for your message. Glad yours turned out to be a cyst. A huge relief to you im sure.
Im now getting tests done which im relieved about.
You take care.
Joe

2 Likes

Hi @Joe208 - great to get an update.
It makes such a difference when you get a good medical professional on the end of the phone who really cares and offers good advice. Good to hear your blood is going in the right direction to.
A birthday outing will be lovely.
Glad you still have a bit of time before returning to work - then, like you you are doing at the moment, take it day by day.
Have a lovely weekend. Iā€™m sending extra special birthday wishes :birthday::birthday::birthday:

1 Like

Oh @Joe208 that sounds positive to me, I donā€™t know how you feel.
It sounds as if you are on active monitoring (commonly called watch and wait) so you will be monitored to see how you are doing.
How do you feel about staying on the anti depressants, it sounds good to me if you feel they are helping you.
This is your time to try and relax till going back to work on the 16th.
How is work?
As for your birthday this weekend, have an absolutely brilliant time at your friends, it sounds wonderful to me.
We await hearing all about it, enjoy yourself, happy birthday and stay safe.

1 Like

Hi Erica.
Im feeling fine about being on the antidepressants.
Had a nice birthday over the weekend. Saw my 2 sons and sis. Lots of birthday wishes on Facebook.
Speaking to GP on Wednesday and going to get signed off for a bit more time.
My job involves alot of emotional support and feel im not ready yet to go back.
Seeing a few friends this week and again keeping g busy.
Joe

1 Like

Hi Nichola.
Had a nice relaxing Birthday thanks. Saw mostly family. Going to take a bit more time off work. Not ready to go back as you need 100% at my work and i donā€™t have that to give yet!.
Meeting some friends this week that I havenā€™t seen for a few years.
Joe

1 Like

Hi @Joe208. Nice to hear you had a good birthday.
I think itā€™s so important to do what you feel is right for you. Thatā€™s all we can do.
Good to hear you are still seeing family and friends. They are so important in helping to get us back on track arenā€™t they :blush:

Hi @Joe208, I am impressed that you have the self insight to realise that you need to be at your best to give emotional support to others.
Look after yourself, treat yourself and keep posting.

1 Like

Good to hear that youā€™re doing ok @Joe208 . Stay in touch and stay strong.

3 Likes