The Friday Forum Jukebox Club!

Happy Friday forum family :wave:

How did we get to Friday again so quickly?! We must say, this forum community certainly has a brilliant taste in music :grin:

And on that tuneful note…welcome again to our :musical_note: Friday Jukebox Club :musical_note: we bring you our fourth and fun instalment!

As a reminder, here’s how it works:

• Each week, the Support Services Team will share with you two random words.
  • You find a working YouTube link to a song or two that relate, however tenuously, to one or both of those words (feel free to be as imaginative as you like).
  • Share a YouTube link or describe a song related to one or both of these words in this thread.
  • Include, if you’d like, a description of why you picked the song so we appreciate it even more.
  • Listen and enjoy!

Your words this week:

• Friend
  • Question

The floor is yours folks! Pop your best dancing shoes on, get your best mics out and …Let’s hear it!..

Take care and :man_dancing:t4: happy Friday :dancer:t4: everyone!

Warmest and most musical wishes from the Support Services Team

Su, Alice, Bav, Sophie, Rebecca & Kate

2 Likes

Elton John= Funeral for a friend
Moody Blues= Questions

Name dropping Again Erica.
I sat next to Elton John on a flight back from Cannes and had a long conversation with him.
This was when I was in the music industry who have an annual bash every February called the Midem there. Same venue where the film festival is held later in the year
Shared a few drinks with him at a party held at a posh hotel overlooking the Croisette on the seafront.

1 Like

@Blackhat
We MUST have been at some of the same gigs and festivals at the same time!
I saw Elton John at Hammersmith - probably end of 1982/early 1983.
But claim to fame is bumping into Liam Gallagher twice; one at Oxegen (Punchestown Dublin) in 2011(he was touring with Beady Eye then) and again at Latitude in 2019 (where he was doing an unscheduled impromptu set. Both times he said ‘you’re a f***in small one!’
I gatecrashed a fundraiser at the Sheraton Skyliner Heathrow 1989 where I may have been given hospitality pop and met Boy George, and Shakespeare’s sister. Did see George Michael but didn’t get close!

1 Like

First up The Killers and Jenny was a friend of mine. I’ve seen The killers over 10 times - and had tickets booked and postponed for last year and this. Fingers crossed I may get to the gig next June, but if not I’ll be watching whatever my daughter can live stream to me

next up

The scientist Coldplay.
Another gig favourite! Seen them again around 10 times and their performances are always beautiful and exciting
And the lyrics from this resonate with my longing that somehow the puzzles of blood cancer may be resolved by scientists

Oh, take me back to the start
I was just guessing at numbers and figures
Pulling the puzzles apart
Questions of science, science and progress

1 Like

Hello everyone. I really like Carole King’s song ‘You’ve Got A Friend.’ I like the way it says that friends can brighten even the darkest night and all you’ve got to do is call their name and they’ll come running! So important to be a good friend during these difficult times. Warm wishes. Willow X

2 Likes

Good choices again and I love the name dropping.
Friend - Queen June 86 Friends will be friends
Question - Johnny Mathis March 75 When will I see you again.
Both songs connected by friends and that is all around shielding for a year and missing human contact and interaction with my special, priceless friends.

1 Like

This is a challenge. For friend I’m going Queen too but 70’s Queen which is better:

And for those moments when I’m in a stroppy mood the lovely Nerina Pallot

2 Likes

I should say that there is a swear word in this. warning for people who are slightly more sensitive. Sorry!

3 Likes

I’m a Queen fan so the more the merrier !!

2 Likes

Happy Thursday forum family! This week we bring your fifth and fab instalment of the :musical_note: Friday Jukebox Club :musical_note: a day early!

Are you ready?!

As a reminder, here’s how it works:

• Each week, the Support Services Team will share with you two random words.
  • You find a working YouTube link to a song or two that relate, however tenuously, to one or both of those words (feel free to be as imaginative as you like).
  • Share a YouTube link or describe a song related to one or both of these words in this thread.
  • Include, if you’d like, a description of why you picked the song so we appreciate it even more.
  • Listen and enjoy!

Your words this week:

• nice
  • easy

So the words might be “nice” and “easy” but will picking your songs be nice and easy? That’s our golden question for you all this week :grin:

Take care and :man_dancing:t4: happy almost Friday :dancer:t4: everyone!

Warmest and most musical wishes from the Support Services Team

Su, Alice, Bav, Sophie, Rebecca & Kate

2 Likes

Another one that takes me back to my youth … those were the days :grinning:

1 Like

Oh @SP7 my first choice as well.

2 Likes

@SuBloodcancerUK my mind immediately went to the Nice and Easy hair products.
Seeing as @SP7 got in first with the Commodores I shall go for:
Nice - Wouldn’t it be nice by the Beach Boys 66
Easy - Easy lover by Phil Collins 84

3 Likes

Has to be Easy Like Sunday Morning!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=65lZt1EEW4E the. Just looked back and realised @SP7 had this one. A popular choice it seems!

1 Like

Do love a bit of Phil Collins!

1 Like

Oooo … for me it was the Stranglers, Nice and Sleazy

2 Likes

Nice= wouldn’t it be nice . Beach Boys
Easy= take it easy. The Eagles

3 Likes

Good choices again @Blackhat @ChrisCKW @SP7 and @Nichola75.

2 Likes

Can’t say I liked either groups though

2 Likes

Brilliant choice @ChrisCKW. One of the best tracks from their Black and White album.

2 Likes