The GNR, the book, and fundraising update

It is now 4 months since I ran my second London Marathon and I am training for the Great North Run next month to raise more funds. I wrote about this in my book. I hope you will get a copy; Remember proceeds will support this amazing charity and at the end of it I guarantee you will understand blood cancer better. It has been described as a resource for all patients and their families. I hope to have further news of other resources I will produce to help patients later this year. Watch this space! Buy your copy here (supporting Blood Cancer UK)

1 Like

A recent review, on the US version of Amazon, said: “What a joyful and fascinating story this book was. This book is, at times, funny, heartfelt, deeply informative and chock full of fascinating twists and turns- like a great trail run through the woods and beautiful fields of life and living. The book catches and grabs you, from the fun book cover to David’s life story, to deep dives into the history of leukemia, the beginnings of mass long distance running events and many other informative turns along the way…………… What I took away from this book was a profound and deep appreciation for life and living, to smile and laugh along the way, and a deep connection with the author’s own experience of cancer……Get this book, and just know, you’ll want to read and read again. It’s a page turner and a joy to experience.”. Please remember to also leave a review as it will help sales and therefore the charity. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1739382404

1 Like

Proceeds from the book are being donated to my justgiving page, which also is used from my London Marathon and GNR fundraising. So far, I’ve raised over £1,400 but still need to reach my target of £2,300. I will keep going until my target is reached! (it is my ‘3rd marathon’; so tough, yet so rewarding. David Lauder is fundraising for Blood Cancer UK

1 Like

THANK YOU to everyone who has already supported the book and my fundraising, I love you all, and will keep trying to ‘give back’ as a mark of my gratitude and my continuing celebration of surviving this dreadful disease.

1 Like

Hi @DavidAmbassador, thank you for sharing this. What a wonderful review of your book- a great achievement as well as the marathons, of course. All the very best for the Great North Run training! Very much admire your commitment and thank you for all you do.
Best wishes,
Tanya.

1 Like

Thanks @TanyaBloodCancerUK !

1 Like

Brilliant review @DavidAmbassador you should be very proud of yourself and frame it. Look after yourself