What Omicron is like

So @nbk112 and @Cid you really are showing that Omicron/Covid is a really nasty disease for us, it really goes for the lungs.
Look after yourselves and be ever so kind to yourselves, it sounds as if your recoveries will take time.
Please keep posting and we and the Blood Cancer UK support line are there for you.

1 Like

Hi @Cid an @nbk112, it’s frustrating to hear that you did not receive the treatment that you should have been offered when you were first confirmed to have Covid. I’m glad to hear that you have both received good care while in hospital and wish you all the best on your road to recovery.

2 Likes

It is a little frustrating, but in fairness I didn’t get the email about the possible extra treatments until a few days after I was symptomatic. I’m looking at it as unfortunate timing more than any oversight, as I reckon if I’d caught it a week or so later I probably would have been fine.

2 Likes

Hello well in Tenerife with family who live here I have essential thrombocythemia jak2 positive did test last Friday tested positive as my grand daughter tested positive a few days before not feeling drastically bad coughing eased off a bit but not feeling great so how long should I wait to do another test as grand daughter now negative

1 Like

Hi, welcome!!!

I am sorry you too have tested positive, hope you and your granddaughter aren’t feeling too poorly.

I started testing negative about day 8 but that’s no guarantees as here I am in hospital on day 20! One thing I would say is my doctor’s have said you can now test positive on PCRs for up to 90 days so just look out for that!

Feel better soon and come back with any concerns.

2 Likes

Thank you for that hope you’re ok too well just wait and see I’m due to fly back to Uk 19/1 so I’m hoping I’ll be negative before then :scream:

2 Likes

A great big welcome to our forum @Chels1 and the one great benefit of it being on line is that you have found us in Tenerife.
So sorry to hear that you have Covid, look after yourself, and I hope you test negative in time to fly back to the UK on the 19th.
Please let us know how you are and are getting on.

1 Like

Hi on dog walk all saw daughter of lady in village I mentioned above who went into hospital with presumably omicron. Her mother now out of hospital but felt so bad nearly took her back, then yesterday started to feel better, oxygen levels improved overnight, family much relieved. I do hope that the same improvement happens to all of you who were unlucky enough to catch Covid. Very best wishes

3 Likes

It certainly does go after the lungs still. I’ve been discharged today as I had 24 hours of oxygen and sent home with strict instructions to rest.

Interestingly enough my discharge latter says omicron variant so that’s definitely what I had. Puts into perspective this whole idea people have that this one is just a bad cold. Absolutely not for us!!

One good thing I would say is the staff are second to none now which I’m not sure it’s the best thing but made me feel exceptionally safe. Hopefully these antivirals are available soon!!!

Thanks for everyone who ask how I was!

4 Likes

So glad you got home and hope you get a little bit better everyday :blush:

1 Like

Hi @nbk112 thanks for the warning, perhaps now is the time to really look after yourself and take your time to recuperate.
Be kind to yourself

1 Like

Excellent that things are getting back on track for you nbk112. I’ve spent the week after hospital resting but have now started to try to move about more, and I think I can feel very small improvements day on day. That’s about as much as we can hope for I think.

3 Likes

Sounds like your are making good progress too!! Any progress feels huge in the moment. It’s definitely important to take stock.

I’m 27 and have had to struggle up the stairs after being in hospital :joy: but definitely nice to be in my own bed and on my own couch!!

1 Like

Small improvements sound good to me @Cid, be kind to yourself

Hi @Cid. Glad things are improving - slowly but surely! :blush:

1 Like

Hi @Cid I was just wondering how you are and how you are feeling?

1 Like

Hi there sorry to hear that I did a PCR test it cetera and it’s now probably 6 or 7 days since I’ll get it got symptoms and tomorrow I’m supposed to got the hospital for an infusion with this new antiviral therapy is actually up to 10 days you can have it but what they say the sooner you get in the better hope you feel well soon

2 Likes

Getting gradually better I think Erica, thanks. I’m still coughing up all sorts every day and I’m not sure if or when that’s going to stop, but my energy levels are better so I guess I’m out of the woods.

@Bobby that’s interesting that they’ve upped the antiviral timeframe to 10 days, that’ll help a lot of people I think as 5 days was just really tight. Good luck with everything.

2 Likes

Sounds horrific @Cid and very scary. I hope that things get better for you. It doesn’t help having this extra worry on top of your main condition.

2 Likes

How are you doing @Chels I hope you managed to fly back ok!

2 Likes