New here? Feel free to introduce yourself here 👋

Erica

Haematologists rarely seem to see patients discharged and cured. It is perhaps a case of keep them going as long asyou can, and one day gene editing will become palatable!

1 Like

Hi Geoff, yes, you are right Haematologists do not often discharge and cure patients, that’s the nature of most blood cancers currently and a lot of patients are on watch and wait or active monitoring. I have not had any treatment for my CLL and I have been on watch and wait for quite a few years, I am a very lucky girl. Therefore I have recently been sent back to my GP for my active monitoring with the promise of a fast track back to my Haematologist if my bloods or symptoms change. I am happy with that, although I did feel a bit abandoned and a fraud to start off with. I am encouraged that research and trials are really uncovering new, more targeted to the patient and their condition, treatments rapidly.

Hi Joshua, I’m being really stupid but can’t workout how to make a simple post!
Please can you help,

Thanks
Rupert

1 Like

Hi Rupert, welcome to our community forum. Please don’t feel stupid for not being able to make a post, you have made a very good start here. Please do not give up as I find this site very interesting and informative. I have found no matter what blood cancer or relationship to someone with blood cancer might have we often seem to share the same fears, thoughts and feelings. I think the best thing I can do is copy in two lovely people at Bloodwise who I think might be best to help you. @Alice_BloodCancerUK and @DawnBloodCancerUK.

Hi Erica, thanks for connecting and helping with this. I’m normally pretty good with these things but can’t seem to work out how to post into the introduction forum. Any clues welcome.

Thanks
Rupert

1 Like

Hi Rupert, welcome to the forum! You’ve posted in the introductions thread! Have a look through each section you can see here https://forum.bloodcancer.org.uk/, if you see a conversation you want to reply to then just click reply on someones post, and the box will appear for you to type.

This may help you get started - Guide to getting started

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello to all our new members over the last few days and weeks!

If you’re new here, please feel free to introduce yourself to the community, or ask any questions. Hopefully you can see a section of the forum and conversations that feel relevant to you, if you don’t, feel free to start one!

Welcome to the forum, we’re very pleased you’re part of our community!

4 Likes

Hello,

I am currently 4 years in remission from Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL) and have recently lost my Dad to the same disease. I am happy to share my experiences and support others in theirs.

Ruth

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Condolences to you and your family at this time. I am sure your experiences will be of help to others on the forum, and that you also find articles that you are interested in. Best wishes Louise

1 Like

Hi Sunshine, Ruth, I am so sorry to hear you have lost your dad to the same disease. A double whammy of shock, anxiety, thoughts and feelings. Yes, please do share your experiences, thoughts and feelings so we all get to know you. We are all here to support you.

Hi, welcome to the group. I hope you find it as useful as I have x

1 Like

Hi I am a former soldier now an author. I was diagnosed With Myeloma three years ago. I have had chemotherapy and a Stem Cell Transplant. I am at present in remission.

I have been invited to Argentina to talk to their veterans but I will need good travel insurance. Can anyone recommend a travel insurance firm that possibly deals with people with blood cancer/ Thank you

1 Like

Hi Edward, a great big welcome to our community forum, I hope you will find it informative and supportive. Your question is very opportune and travel advice is either on the front page of the Bloodwise website or on this community forum under ‘Living with and after blood cancer, scroll down to travel insurance, then scroll down to the red link to travel tips - do you have some to share’. Sorry I am unable to give you a direct link. Someone else might be able to. We await hearing about your experiences and adventures in Argentina, What are you talking to the veterans about?